Singers Who Cannot Sing

Fiery Jack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

elizabeth fraser sounds much much better in studio than live.

Solo or Cocteau Twins?

i've only see her with CT...a good few years back...

Ah, Liz Fraser, that's a good call. :applause: Yes, I saw her with the Cocteau Twins a few years back too. Yup, she was hopeless. :down: It was the last night of a long tour. She was pissed as a fart and also, it appeared, painfully shy. She ruined the songs. The band were great, but she was just mumbling and whimpering into the mike, staring at the floor, with no sense of rhythm or melody at all. The songs became different songs, basically. Shit ones. :(

Then she had a go at the audience for "being disappointing" and not "getting in to it" more. :rolleyes: Some bloke shouted, "It's because you're shite!" and everyone applauded. :applause:

Again, very like watching a drunk tone deaf person having a go at karaoke (i.e. like watching me have a go at karaoke). :clown:

jack :help:

Your exaggerating again Zob. :shakehead

I said that the First Blood, the original Rambo film, was very good. Actually one of my favs. The 2nd and 3rd films were crap in comparison.

Amazon.com

It's easy to forget that this Spartan, violent film, which begat the Rambo series, was such a big hit in 1982 because it was a good movie. Green Beret vet John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) wanders into the wrong small town to find a fellow 'Nam buddy and gets the living heck kicked out of him by the local law enforcement (led by Brian Dennehy). The vet strikes back the only way he knows how, leading to a visceral, if unrealistic, flight and fight through the local mountains. Based on the 1972 novel by David Morrell, this film saved Stallone's then-foundering career and the Rambo character became the inspiration for countless political cartoons. But this film is Deliverance without the moral ambiguity. --Keith Simanton

Archived