Singers Who Cannot Sing

Fiery Jack

Been listening to some live bootlegs recently and it strikes me that certain persons passing themselves off and earning good brass as "vocalists" are wholly actually incapable (in a live setting, unaided by studio production) of carrying a tune. :relieved:

Prime offenders (and I know Sileakhunt's going to get browned off with me about this first one... :rolleyes: )

1. The bloke out of New Order. F*ck me, that clown cannot sing at all. Live, he's shockingly flat and all over the shop. I know he stepped gamely up to the mike after Ian Curtis :rip: (who could just about croon in tune, give or take a note or two â?? see the Joy Division live album whose name I forget â?? but had a great voice) topped himself, but, really, christ knows how he passed the audition. :doah:

2. That dopehead feller Ian Brown that now does (very good :up: ) solo stuff. Have a look at some live Stone Roses stuff on Youtube. Jesus, he sounds like a deaf bloke with ten pints inside him having a go at karaoke. :nono:

3. That tart Siouxsie out of the Banshees. I saw them live once and she was wailing and screeching like a tom cat going under the wheels of a speeding lorry, nowhere near the melody. :shocked:

Yes, some of my favourite "singers" are not at all technically outstanding. It's not necessary for rock and roll and/or pop. But at least they can sing in tune, and those three chancers listed above can't. :down:

Any I've missed?

jack :help:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived