Well done Switzerland!!

spirit_of_town_hall

The article said 20% are foreigners. Aren't they mostly tax cheats and white collar swindlers from the U.S. UK and other places? :smirk:

Seriously, foreigners per se aren't the issue. The issue is if the foreigners adjust and adopt the home country. The U.S. was built hugely on immigration. The difference is in the past the mostly european immigrants wanted their children to become 'American'. America obsorbed some of the foreign traits into our own (St. Patricks day, words like Kindergarten,) and made it 'American'. Nowadays though a large number of the foreigers entering don't want to adopt the larger culture and even view America with disdain which is different than a century ago.

Who are these new breed of immigrants who want everything on their own terms, those who want to take and not give, those who view themselves as a member of a religion before a citizen of the country they live in? Surely not those nice Spanish speaking Christian folks? Who are those who view America with distain, mmm not so difficult to see who they are and not only in the USA, well done the swiss indeed.

When you have a large contingent of people wanting California and other parts of the southwest U.S. to be ceded back to the Mexico, I think you can safely assume they don't care too much for the U.S.A.

Funny thing is if it were to happen they would probably leave to go across the new border to the U.S., knowing Mexico would make a mess of it.

I have a friend of mine who is Indian at a previous job and says the new breed of Indians come only to get an education and make money and that all important green card and the populace by and large dislike the U.S. They say India is like Israel in a way. They distrust the U.S., see the alliance as one of convenience not in any mutual fondness like England and America and think we coddle their enemy (Pakistan), just like Isrealis distrust the U.S. when negotiating middle east peace and think we coddle the Palestinians too much.

My general feeling is far more immigrants than before see the U.S. as a place solely to make money. A lot of them have this strange dichotomy of wanting a green card so they can stay but they wouldn't fight for the country as they have a certain disdain for it. The green card is solely so they can make money, educate their kids but loyalties lie strictly back 'home'.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. The new immigrants to the UK and USA dont even like us.

The immigrants to the UK in the 1950's from the West Indies, India, Pakistan etc viewed England as the mother country and some could say were more British than the British.

The immigration of the 1990's and this century seem to despise the British. They are here for the cash, the free health service and a British passport etc.

The same is true for America and Australia, people who emigrated in the 50's and 60's were so proud to be American and Austrlian.

Now they seem to have such contempt for us. When I say this I am talking particulary about people from the sub continent particularly those who follow Islam.

I was complaining to someone about people from the sub continent the other day and they said to me,

" what do you expect, you have a billion people living on a shit pile, they have to learn to lie and cheat to survive and when they come to this pleasant and green land they are going to be the same are they not ?"

I had to agee with him when I thought about it :shocked:

Living in Britain particularly the capital, the changes are self evident and I personally feel that the shit will hit the fan when this change spreads out to the countryside.

STH

Archived