Stripper Infected with TB

Steve

I was associated with the US Navy, not the army, but no side effects other then the normal "Bangkok Hard On" :grin:

But yes, at first you HAD to take the shots (if you were going into the red (war) zone), then they stopped that and allowed you to chose. By then I already had the shots.

I don't remember any TB shot. They did give us some yellow fever shots are others they latter stopped using. Seems the vaccine could give you the disease, if it didn't work quite right!

p.s. Wonder if school nurses still check kids hair for lice. That always seemed a bit insulting to me. They sometimes did turn up a kid with cooties though.

No TB shot, but a TB test in elementary school.

BCG, or bacille Calmette-Guérin, is a vaccine for tuberculosis (TB) disease. BCG is used in many countries with a high prevalence of TB to prevent childhood tuberculous meningitis and miliary disease. However, BCG is not generally recommended for use in the United States because of the low risk of infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the variable effectiveness of the vaccine against adult pulmonary TB, and the vaccineâ??s potential interference with tuberculin skin test reactivity. The BCG vaccine should be considered only for very select persons who meet specific criteria and in consultation with a TB expert.

Archived