Ms. England to skinny?

passingthru69

'the english population'

don't tar us all with the same brush.

i'm not a health freak,love my shit food which is considered bad for you.

nothing wrong with a burger a Day......

ever since i stopped exercising i have lost weight,shouldn't i be putting on weight instead considering the coach potato life i live now?.

i weigh less then 9 Stone and have been told if i give up smoking i would probably put on a couple of Stone....why would i want to put on weight?.

i like my lifestyle of eating food which is considered bad,smoking and having a tipple.

no way will i become bloated in my later life.

all my Family down the ages have been like me,tall and thin.

Genetics plays a big part.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

the vast majority of obese people are because of their lifestyle.....sayjan is an exception i would suggest to the rule.glands, genes and society are scapegoats to the truth....obesity is down to sloth and bad diet!!

I can't pick one: #5, 8, 11 adn 18 can get me to take off my Arsenal shirt.

Old saying but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find a lot of the english girls attractive and perhaps..just perhaps...some of us are including the infamous falang woman attitude to physical beauty as well and therefore it mars any attraction..just perhaps fellas...hehehe

There are too many people who have successfully fought obesity to say it can't be helped in my opinion. yes, there are exceptions of those with over active glands, etc. but I think the easy access to foods and a lifestyle than conducive to losing weight is the big setback. Losing weight, staying healthy and the like is a lifestyle change. Its almost like taking on a religion where you can't eat certain foods. You can't do what your friends and family do.

Age also seems to do things to your metabolism. I used to be able to eat all day long and stay slim. I still had a 31" inch waist until I was around 50. (I'm a shade over 6'.) Then things started to go wrong. Now I have to fight to keep my weight down - and can gain weight just looking at a picture of food. :(

Guest lazyphil

i know a guy who drinks in my local, drinks heavily and eats crap, his job isn't very physical, thin as a rake, but i bet his internal organs will be garbage, cardio strenght shit, eventually his bone density will be pathetic.....doubt he could do one pullup/push up, muscle strenght hopeless!!....keeping fit isn't primaraly for vanity reasons, yes i'm one of those born again fitness bores!!!....however men mock fat girls and pick the bones out of them but walk around with a beer gut....i hear it all the time

ever since i stopped exercising i have lost weight,shouldn't i be putting on weight instead considering the coach potato life i live now?.

i weigh less then 9 Stone and have been told if i give up smoking i would probably put on a couple of Stone....why would i want to put on weight?

Jeez, I thought you worked in health, sayjaan? :doah::)

First of all, muscle weighs more than fat so you could simply be losing that and gaining fat as you stopped exercising.

Or maybe you ate more to 'compensate' when you were exercising? It doesn't sound like you're the kind of person who watches his diet carefully. :)

It's not rocket science - you just have to exercise, be a bit careful about your habits and diet and 99% of us won't get fat. Fat people who say 'I eat nothing' tend to 'forget' all the snacks they eat in between, don't exercise enough or simply don't have the staying power (they've got fat over years yet want to lose it all in a week).

I was in good shape before I came here. After 3 months of going out on the piss every night, eating crap and not exercising, I'm a bit fatter. Fucking cause and effect. :)

Archived