Patpong upmarket bar ?

buffalo_bill

I second Stick. Executive Club and Crown Royal in Patpong 2 should fit your bill. Cosmos is a fun place, but definitely not quiet. --- the Pale Rider.

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

In Patpong Soi 2 are a few bars in the Sukumvit soi 33 mould that should do the trick. Places like Executive Lounge, Cosmos, Crystal Palace and Royal are a bit quieter than your average Patpong Bar, yet do not have the crazy soi 33 prices. They are well worth a look.

Stick

Stickman and Pale Rider gave you the best spots to go indoors. Also, you might want to try some of the 'outdoors' spots like Radio City, King's Garden, and - I can't think of the other one, but it is across from King's Corner on Patpong 1. These do have bands though and can be a bit noisy.

As for the others, Cosmos has always been my favorite. The hostesses wear a different color or theme each night. One night I went in there and they were all wearing these very short short cutoffs with tank-tops. Very unusual wear for a hostess bar. Other nights they wear traditional Thai dress and look outstanding. The music can be rather loud sometimes. They have darts, TV, great bathrooms, serve free snacks, and have Carlsberg and Heineken on tap. Always some lovely ladies on-hand too.

The owner, Khun Vinai, is one of the best around. They even have a rather famous Midget in Residence there that is good for a few laughs too. smile.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

As for the others, Cosmos has always been my favorite. The hostesses wear a different color or theme each night. One night I went in there and they were all wearing these very short short cutoffs with tank-tops. Very unusual wear for a hostess bar. Other nights they wear traditional Thai dress and look outstanding. The music can be rather loud sometimes. They have darts, TV, great bathrooms, serve free snacks, and have Carlsberg and Heineken on tap. Always some lovely ladies on-hand too.

The owner, Khun Vinai, is one of the best around. They even have a rather famous Midget in Residence there that is good for a few laughs too.
smile.gif" border="0

I stopped in Cosmos once during my November trip and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, but had to leave sooner than I wanted and did not return.

How much is a barfine in Cosmos?

Do the ladies expect larger payouts for ST and LT than other bars?

Thanks,

Shotover

I don't really think of Patpong, SC, NEP or Clinton Plaza when you use the phrase "upmarket bars". I like the watering holes which the other guys have suggested and my favorite watering hole in Patpong is Crown Royal. No dancers, the ladies don't all go with customers, good drinks and a real nice atmosphere. I also like Cosmos and Bobby's Arms for a burger.

If you are entertaining clients and have the benefit of an expense account Soi 33 Gentlemen Clubs or a private club (Counter 39 or Pegasus) might be a good idea.

Another place which is usually out of line when you consider cost is the nightclub at CP2 Massage on Sriayudhya Street. This club has beautiful women but it wouldn't take long to go through $1,000 USD. This very much contradicts the moderate prices in the CP2 Massage Parlor.

Have fun!

Archived