Perth, Salary Help

Solomick

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True munchmaster, Not a really established cultural hub. Anybody portaying themselves as "cultural" in a pub here is seen as a bit of a KNOB. Better to play pool, drink cold beer, talk about travels, have a laugh. About the intellectual side of things, well I suppose it depends on who you are talking to at the time doesn't it? Anyway Mick yeah PM me with a week or so in advance, I work in the city.

Thanks Spirit,

Heard it was nice, I'll find out next month.

It's more the standard of living I'm worried about.

Job means a lot of travel to asia for business so there is some escape :D

If I take it it means moving from a offshore 4 on 4 off way of live to a 9 to 5 office job. There's some good points in this and some bad, but it's a step up the ladder.

If you could go back to 4 week on 4 week off if you didnt like Perth its worth looking at.

Holland is a nice place and the people are very civilised and polite.

Australian people are very civilised and polite but in a slightly different way.

One thing that surprised me about Dutch people is that they are very direct and this took some getting used to.

Once or twice I was taken aback, for example if an idea is mooted at work and a British person were to say " that sounds interesting" it does not mean much, in fact it may mean dont persue the idea.

However a Dutch person would just say " that idea is no good" which intially I thought how bloody rude of them to just come out and say that.

The pubs in Holland are good, better than Australian ones.

STH

Archived