Perth, Salary Help

Solomick

I'd suggest the OP contact a good headhunter in his industry, and ask what expat packages are like at his skill level.

Also, be aware that big multinational companies usually consider foreign postings to be construed negatively, no matter how nice the local. Us this as a point of negotiation to get a housing allowance, car/driver, maid, private school for the kiddies, tax advice, etc. etc.

Be firm on getting the tax advice. I do not know your tax situation, but in the US careful planning is necessary to avoid unwarranted federal, state, and local taxes obligations.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Perth and Western Australia are amongst the most beautiful places in the world. If they had beerbars and gogos on every street corner with Pattaya prices, I'd never leave the place. Best beaches and finest wines.

About 6.5 hours with Thai Airways direct flight. Friendly little Thai consulate on St George's Terrace - easy non immigrant O visas.(only open Tues and Thurs mornings though).

Do a Google search and an archive search on this forum (I gave some Aussie tax advice here once)about "negative gearing" both property and top notch fully franked dividend paying shares. You need never pay a cent in tax!! All completely legal. There are other tax loopholes too, along with salary packaging/sacrifice.

:beer:

I love Perth.

Probably the highest standard of living of any city in Australia. House prices going through the roof though.

If my friends and family weren't all on the east coast, I would seriously consider living in Perth.

Fantastic weather, great babes, great restaurants, close to Asia, good pubs.... a good choice of place to live.

Archived