Perth, Salary Help

Solomick

Need some help from the Ozzies out there. :)

I've been offered by the company I work for to relocate to Perth from Europe.

The job is good and would be responsible for Asia contracts (oil/gas).

What is a good salary range for project management in Australia..?

What is the cost of living..?

What's Perth like to live.

Any tips or help would be great.

Cheers

:)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Replies.

Bust is a $170K good for Australia..? Also is this enough to live on?

What are the taxes like in Oz I heard there quite high.

Thjat is another turn of I don't pay tax at moment and don't really want to start again which I'dhave to with this job.

Oh almost forgot, what's the flight time to BKK :D

Also I don't like Africanas, this is not racist I have just spent to much time working in Africa and there all smelly, lazy, robbing bastards.

Gday Mate. I live in Perth. Flight time to bangkok is about 7 hours or so. There are direct flights all the time, also to Phuket (6 hours direct)You leave at about 10 am get there BKK about 4PM. Easy. For less than $1000AUD. For a Project Man ager Oil/Gas you will get more than $100K. I live on about half of that very easily. Standard of living is Excellent. Perth nightlife is about the worst in the world. Save your money for Los. Pubs for the aftenoon in summer very good. Dont go clubbing, you will NEVER find a cab, the african/arabic taxi drivers here will not pick up men.full stop.Restaurants and beer and wine world class. Houses 3bedroom new about $400K ish. Weather without peer. beaches good. younger women good. Women over 24 year olds are without exception Fat, opinionated, Feminist. Lots of Asian women, wives etc here. I mean lots. Yes I would recommend it 100%. Good luck where are you now?

Thanks 3juddy3,

I'm in Holland at the moment.

The offer is a about double what you mentioned but i'm worried about taxes and standard of living.

Within Europe I have a good live style and want to maintain it.

I may well be coming to Perth for a general chat with section manager end of next month so I'll drop you a pm nearer the time if you fancy a drink. :)

Cheers

Mick

Archived