British drugs kingpin seized at Thai mansion

Mekong

I am surprised that this has not been posted already.

A Briton who ran a world-wide drugs syndicate from his mansion home in Thailand was arrested last night as he was packing drugs for a 'high society' Halloween party.

Marcus James, 48, from Lewisham, South London, was seized along with his common-law Thai wife Linrat Chalwatworachot, 36, at his £1 million mansion in the resort of Pattaya, 100 miles east of Bangkok.

Police seized drugs, drug making equipment, and all his assets worth in excess of £10 million. It included stashes of gold and cash.

Full Article

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This part of the article caught my attention.

"He admitted to our investigators that he was making the drugs and sending them to England and Europe where they were used at 'high society' parties. He was also supplying high society parties in Bangkok and Pattaya.

The reason being is because last Tuesday the 30th at 2 PM the day before he was raided a 30 year old female neighbour of ours in Bangkok was raided and was caught in the possession of 620 Ya-E, 18 Bottles of Ketamine and 8 Grammes of Ice.

I have a feeling that she was being supplied by Marcus James and grassed him up in order to save her own arse.

I have a feeling that she was being supplied by Marcus James and grassed him up in order to save her own arse.

I would think you are right there, they haven't found his 'factory' or pill pressing machine, so that would indicate he had not been under observation prior to being raided, therefor an informant would most likley be the source of the info.

From what I have read ecstasy is very difficult to make unless you are a proficient chemist. Amphetamines are a lot easier especially in Thailand where they are no real controls over ephedra, red phosphorus and sodium hydrochloride which are the primary ingredients.

If I had been that guy with all his resources I would have rented another house that no one knew about bar myself.

If I needed to restock I would visit there myself.

That way if I was grassed up and they came to search my residence there would be nothing to find.

For I guy who had so much he must have become complacent.

From what we can deduce from the article he wasnt selling to bods on the street, more probably to people who sell to the people who sell on the street.

He could have easily managed another secret house.

What sentence do you think he will get, will be be able to bribe his way out?

STH

They always want more ..what was the movie with johnny Depp about a drug guy (true story)...first to import large quantities into the US via small aircraft and boats ...

I remember one line ...the boat was full of cash and he looks at the partner and says "we have to get a bigger boat." :D

Archived