Best Fish and Chips in UK

MooNoi

Guest lazyphil

i'm running every other day 4 or 5 miles to try and negate those battered bits, currys and beer but no doubt the grim reaper has other plans. going piking weds, deep fried pike, i wonder......any pike out of the fen drains needs soaking in brine over night to mask the earthy taste :crazy:

carp fisheries are the usual xmas patrols to kick off the poles catching/stealing their xmas delicacies!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No decent fish and chips locally anymore nearly all run by chinese now and they don't know how to fry properly.I use Browsover fish bar in Rugby national winners in 2002 I believe run by a Turkish family.When I visit Bournmouth and Poole I use Chez Fred and the Halfway fish bar both previous national winners.

• 2 weeks later...

'I myself have been eating the alternatives,eg Haddock,Skate,Plaice and Huss'

i love fish but i would not have a clue what i was eating in a fish & chip shop.

they can say it was cod but for all i know it's monkfish.

fish to me is..............fish.

it all tastes the same to me when fried in batter.

but by the time i've smothered it in vinegar and ketchup i certainly wouldn't know the difference.

haven't had fish & chips for ages,this topic has got the juices running and i might get some on the way home tomorrow.

:topic:

having a seafood Christmas this Year.

scallops,prawns,mussels,calamari and lobster........time for a change,i hate turkey.

Archived