Is Nana going .......

vinod

The point I was making was this. The Nana bar owners WANT to show. I thought that Suadum was stating that they did not want to show as the cost was greater to them than the extra cash showing may (or may not) bring in the door.

That was the only point I made. I will not comment on whether or not it brings extra money in or not, but I can tell you now, the bar owners have no problem paying the fees, which a re VERY low in the big swing of things.

As one bar owner said to me, if the cops knew how much the bars really make, they would pay many times more than they did.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from Bangkok. Angelwitch is my favourite bar in Nana, but some nights I do a one bar/one drink to see any changes since last visit. Was surprised to see that bar with moving floor on 3rd floor, name deliberately omitted, had changed their shows from the traditional heineken with ice, and on sunday, at least, the girls performed au naturel. On tuesday, the same shows were performed with bikinis, so anyone around next sunday, look in around 10.15 pm to check whether this is a regular occurance.

Even more mysterious is why the Japanese go to Thermae! How did that start?! It used to be full of old trogs. How did that first attract them? :dunno:

I found a friendly Jap who could speak some English in Thermae a few months ago and asked him why Rainbow's so popular. Apart from 'pretty girls', he couldn't really tell me. I tried to make the point that there were pretty girls in lots of places but it didn't take.

One possible reason for the Japanese colonising Thermae is that they know they're getting ripped off in other places and they're simply seeking better value for money. This slowly happened from Thaniya to Nana and then to Soi Cowboy before Thermae. (Next surely - The Beergarden :) )

If Rainbow continues not to show, they're losing an edge. You can't see much more of a body in those dull black bikinis than you can in the average freelancer garb (the crucial parts anyway). All it takes is for the Japanese to start getting the courage to check Thermae girls for stretchmarks.

The point I was making was this. The Nana bar owners WANT to show. I thought that Suadum was stating that they did not want to show as the cost was greater to them than the extra cash showing may (or may not) bring in the door.

Simply put, some of them DON'T want it. If you WANT something, you at least make an effort to try to do it. The bars I've mentioned make NO effort whatsoever.

The visible evidence is not with you at all. You don't offer any up.

How is it that some bars are getting increasingly risque but Rainbow and Crown aren't (not even trying with their smaller bars).

Was in Nana this week and again saw things that indicate that SOME bars want to show but others don't.

Personally, showing makes a world of difference to me but maybe others (particularly newbies) aren't the same and Rainbow therefore think it doesn't matter. If customers are coming and girls are getting barfined, why change?

I can't get horny looking at a girl in a simple black bikini but maybe most others can? :dunno:

In fact, I observed my own reactions during a Peppermint show last week (one where they start in outfits or bikinis and take off an item per song).

During the bikini stage I wasn't really interested in any girl.

When they took off their tops, I got interested in 3 or 4.

When they took off their bottoms, I got more interested in a couple more and changed my opinions on others. (They were all shaved).

It's amazing how much it affects my opinions but maybe enough others aren't the same.

Just a one-off observation (so it may not mean that much).

Last night, Friday, from 9 to 9.30pm (what I would think to be a busy time), there were noticeably few customers in Rainbow 1. And those that were there were mostly farangs, not Japanese.

Is it finally sinking in?

(I took the opportunity to point out to Rainbow service girls that I'd just come from Cowboy where it was very busy and that customers probably weren't coming to Rainbow because it didn't 'show' and the Japs were getting bored of seeing the same darn dull bikinis. :) )

I took the opportunity to point out to Rainbow service girls that I'd just come from Cowboy where it was very busy and that customers probably weren't coming to Rainbow because it didn't 'show' and the Japs were getting bored of seeing the same darn dull bikinis

:sleeping::wanker:

Smilies *NOT* directed at you, Bibblies, but meant to represent the more-than-probable reaction of the dek serve when you told her this.

I've given up on telling them. They're not going to pass on your sentiments to the Mama San, and their "world" ends with the curtain outside the Plaza. They don't give a shit - as long as the 5000 salary gets paid every month,and the tips every night, everything's ok with the world.

Probably just a quiet lull in the evening when you went. Go back at 11.30 or so and it would be packed, I reckon.

As I've said in previous posts, I have *no* idea why the Japanese frequent Rainbow. Its so stock-standard and boring and non-kinky in every way.

Again, as with Peppermint, and Happy (and I know this is something you can't understand, Bibs, but it's true - for me anyway), a big part of my enjoyment at Rainbow I is the music. I am an old and clapped-out DJ after all in a past life. I like listening to good dance music when I go out. The fact that I can see cute and (in Pattaya) naked women is a nice bonus while I'm listening and drinking. (Ok.. so maybe the word "bonus" is an understatement of sorts :smirk: )

I was told last night that there will be a show in NEP involving showing at one ground floor bar at 10:00 p.m. tonight (Saturday).

My source is the BG who said she will be in the show, and wanted me to come see the show (and presuambly shower her with tips). I cannot go since I am committed to do something 'respectable' (and boring) tonight which I cannot go out of.

Archived