Is Nana going .......

vinod

hi

Just back after 4 days long weekend trip. I found Nana pretty quite for this part of time. Most of the go-gos had a handfull of customers.

SC on the hand was rocking, in fact on Fri & Sat night when I went in around 11.30 at bacara there no place ot sit and it was packed and with the other go-gos they had a decent customers in all the go-go's.

Has Nana lost its charm....... :question: :question:

cheers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up until the mid-nineties or so, Nana did have a bit of charm. There were no bar touts screaming at you as soon as you entered the place, there was a snooker hall, a few restaurants, a travel agent, and of course various gogo and non-gogo bars - a few on the first floor, most on the second. The music was decent rock and pop instead of moronic dance music and gangster rap. The girls were friendly and the whole atmosphere of the place was pleasant and relaxed.

Starting in the late nineties, it started its transformation into the current Boschian nightmare of today.

Has it lost its charm? Yes, about ten years ago, and it seems to get worse every year.

Yes, we have discussed this before.

Here is what I see happening:

The "rules" are substantially more relaxed in Soi Cowboy, this attracts more customers to Soi Cowboy, and that in turn attracts more BGs. It's a virtuous cycle for Soi Cowboy. Plenty of money is is going into refurbishing Soi Cowboy bars and even though drink prices are higher, it attracts more customers.

This isn't happening at Nana. It's not dead and the Rainbow bars still have stunners, but it isn't thriving the way Soi Cowboy is. Although I don't like the layout of Nana (fire trap), the one thing it has going it for it is the surrounding region. If the rules were equally relaxed for Nana, I could easily see it make a quick comeback.

Don't think it is that hard. The product sells itself. You don't need massive biz plans and a figurehead CEO to siphon off the riches.

I'd bet that the NEP bars are making more than enough money; if not, they'd change: only lazy now cuz they're fat.

Cheers,

SD

Even Angelwitch and the Rainbow bars are only packed on Fridays and Saturdays. They must make 90% of their money on those days because they're dead most of the rest of the time.

It's mysterious. The increased customer numbers on weekends surely implies that it's people living here (because tourists can go any time). Yet surely people who live here know better?

Even I'm going off Nana now. The lack of showing (and the lack of innovation in Rainbow and Crown group bars) fucks me off.

It isn't just how NEP is run. it's the zoning rules. Patpong and Cowboy are zoned differently and operate to different rules..

Uh, no. Cowboy & NEP are zoned exactly the same. Patpong was listed as an "entertainment zone" but a) that silly notion has passed and B) that only related to operating hours.

Cheers,

SD

Archived