Personal Observations/Opinions From Recent Trip

Hugh_Hoy

After getting home 10 days ago, have finally gotten around to putting some thoughts together regarding my forays into the nightlife action I witnessed and tried to enjoy.

First, let me say that the 10-day interval between my return to the U.S. and this posting is due to coming home with a fucking fever that came and went for about 10 days and a cold that lasted THREE weeks (beginning on my 5th day of arrival in Thailand). Suffice it to say that nightly coughing, occasional breaking of a fever which was punctuated with waking up in the middle of the night soaked from sweating, and a general weakened condition, did NOT make for a lot of sanuk. Yet, I managed to work in barfines most nightsâ?¦even got a â??mercy fuckâ? one night from a regular. However, even a â??freebieâ? didnâ??t make up for my absolute worst trip ever to the LOS.

I spent almost every evening in Soi Cowboy and only visited NEP three times. (The third time was at the behest of three bar girls from SC who really, really, really wanted to see what Angel Witch was about.)

SC had itâ??s largest number of mongers on Friday and Saturday nights, lending credence to the idea that it is probably the favorite playground of ex-pats (Western and Asian).

As in past visits to BKK, Shark Bar remained my favorite. Even on weeknights, the place was pretty full between 10 and 12 midnight. In fact, most weeknights you could still get the â??pick of the litterâ? at midnight. Lots of looking, but not many barfines. For the first time since the girls wore those goofy nurses outfits, I noticed that the upstairs section of Shark was open to accommodate the increased number of patrons. I learned that quite a few of the newer damsels at Shark have arrived from NEP (and Bacarrat). And with them, an attitude that isnâ??t particularly endearing to me (or some of the gals that have worked there for 2 or 3 years). â??Respectâ? is not in some of the vocabularies of some of the girls, and I found myself instinctively flashing the middle finger at oneâ?¦which provoked an interesting exchange that only ended when the offending cunt backed down. Contrary to Bibbliesâ?? take on the outfits worn by the Shark girls, I find them to be a fair compromise between bikinis and total nude. Most of the girls are on the lean side (no fatties) and have at least ½ inch of space between their thighs. And I found most of the girls to have a pretty good attitude. Enough so, that I barfined 8 of them. (Hell, I even barfined the Shark mamasan, but it was for a social occasion onlyâ?¦no fucking.)

Bacarratâ?¦pretty boring for me. Standard bikini action downstairs. Didnâ??t bother to go upstairs, as Iâ??ve â??been there, done thatâ?Â. I actually found that there were more farangs there one night than Japanese.

No Name Bar was a bit better the second week. About 3 barfineable types. I do have to say that there is one gal there who has to be the nastiest Iâ??ve seen in quite a while. Iâ??m sure regulars know which one I mean. I was tempted to barfine her just for the hell of it, but my weakened condition told me that I wouldnâ??t be able to enjoy all of the activities she would probably offer. A complete turnover from the gals who were there 18 months before, except for the one with puffy nipples. She looks about as excited as one would be if she won 5 baht in the lottery. I donâ??t know why she even shows up. Most of the girls seem to have a good attitude. Music, IMO, sucks. Manager likes country/bluegrass/jazz, but the girls canâ??t even shuffle to that shit. And the gangsta rap that is inserted into the lineup is a total turnoff to Hugh. If the girls werenâ??t totally nude, this place would close in a week.

Long Gun was, as in the past, crowded. Dunno why. Rawhide has the same shows/girls plus more. And the seating in Rawhide is unparalled in SC (IMO) as far as comfort and viewing are concerned. While on Rawhide, lots of genuine B and C cups on display, which we all know are in short supply in the bars (unless you count the increasing number of girls who are forking out 60,000 baht for boob jobs). Got my best barfine out of Rawhide: 25 year old â??farm freshâ? from Udonthani who has a younger sister working there. Went from saying sheâ??d do a bj with a condom (when we were in the bar) to a voluntary and totally awesome CIM bj back at the hotel. And get this: for the first time in 15 years, a bargirl actually put the money in her purse, waied me, and said â??khap khun kaâ?Â. (I bet there are tons of guys on this board who have never experienced that and never will.)

Doll House had a number of nice looking gals. By that, I mean reasonably attractive and having natural B and C cups. This is where one of the better offerings came off 3000 baht for long time to 2000 baht (LT) in less than three minutes. Actually got her down to my pay scale: 1500-1700. And I hadnâ??t even applied my 5th coat of hair coloring !

Cocktail Club: another example of where you can find some gold where you might least expect it. In fact, this bar had TWO 8â??s or 9â??s in there! They'd be "stars" in any go-go on SC. One, so Iâ??m told, just turned 18, though sheâ??s been working there for over a year. The other is a taller, statuesque 20 year old. Word to the wise on this bar and the girls Iâ??m talking about. First, there are only about 10 girls who dance there. Accordingly, there are usually only 1 or 2 girls dancing at a time. It can give the impression (if the â??5â??sâ? are on stage) that there isnâ??t anything of interest there. But if you spot the two I mentioned, youâ??ll know immediately, Very pretty, curvy, cuddly things they are. I didnâ??t put any offers on the table to either cuz my wingman had barfined the younger one several times and I thought he might be positioning himself for another dip of his wick. The tall one put her drink down the hatch like she hadnâ??t had any liquid for days (often a bad sign). I settled for some two-way diddling. (Nothing like a handful of a natural C-cup attached to a pretty 20 year old--unless it's a mouthful.

DeJuVu: nothing spectacular. Didnâ??t bother to even sit down for a drink.

Spicy Girls: Shoot me before you let me step into that place againâ?¦.PLEASE. Total turn-off the first time when the manager grabbed my wingmanâ??s cell phone. He apparently thought photos were being takenâ?¦which they were NOT. Rather than ask if that was the case, he just grabbed my friendâ??s phone and started pushing buttons. My friend immediately jumped up and started wrestling for the phone. Then three black-shirted â??bouncersâ? got involved. I stayed seated, as no punches were being thrown and my friend got his phone back in working orderâ?¦but with no apologies from the manager. Mai sanukâ?¦paid the check bin and left. I couldnâ??t believe it when my friend, a week later, wanted to revisit the place. Happy Hour prices, so I reluctantly agreed. What pissed me off this time was the â??bait and switchâ?Â. Cola prices were printed at 70 bahtâ?¦not good or bad for happy hour. I ordered a â??Diet Cokeâ? and got a bill for 100 baht. I argued with the server and bar manager to no avail. Diet Coke is â??special colaâ? I was told. Fucking bullshit. Can get the same â??special colaâ? at Doll House for 50 baht during happy hour. More fun and better looking babes. BTW, the Spicy girls are average with maybe one or two â??7â??sâ?Â. Nothing â??specialâ? about this ripoff joint.

Shebaâ??s. For some reason, this dive was pretty busy. Iâ??d looked in before and still allowed myself to be dragged in by a friend who was looking for one of his â??old slippersâ?Â. This was a term we used to describe gals weâ??d barfined multiple times over maybe 2 or 3 years. (Comfortable to be with, no need to break in, and reliable.) The poor things on the stageâ?¦I couldnâ??t look! Total nude can be good. In Shebaâ??s Iâ??d have to take multiple doses of Vitamin V and still wouldn't get a twitch. Overweight, tattooed, and not at all attractive. Best visited when the lights are out and you can only see the body paint being applied.

Suzie Wong: Even 2 years ago, had quite a few lookers doing shows and dancing. Seems that when the girls at Shebaâ??s get too old, fat, and ugly, they are put out to pasture over at Suzie Wongâ??s. My mistake was that of a newbie. I failed to scout the place before sitting down and ordering. If Iâ??d done so, I wouldâ??ve noticed that only about 4 customers were in there and that there was absolutely NOTHINGâ??I mean â??NADAâ?Â-- that was above a â??3â?Â. If looking at pictures in National Geographic of 40 year-old native women in Africa whoâ??ve had 10 kids give you a hard-on, youâ??d be in heaven in Suzie Wongâ??s. I honestly thought that I was witnessing a version of â??Survival: Ugliest Go-Go Dancers in All of Asiaâ?Â. Thatâ??s what I thought until I stumbled into Five Star the next night. Turns out that Suzie Wongâ??s was only hosting the â??semi finalsâ? of the Ugliest Go-Go Girl contest.

Five Star: Iâ??ve been in that bar many times in the last 10 years. Yeah, the live music used to be part of the reason. But there were actually a few 6â??s and 7â??s in there years passed. So, about 11 p.m. one night, I peeked in to see some kind of â??showâ? being performed. The girls had some white negligee-type outfits on and were about to engage in some table dancing. Okay, what the fuck. Good for one beerâ?¦maybe more. I have a good seat, even though there was a pretty good number of patrons already in there. But it wasnâ??t until the girls started shedding their costumes that I realized that these girls were not only ugly, they had the droopiest, flattest, most deformed tits Iâ??d even seen. I mean, you gotta figure that once in a while, youâ??ll find ONE girl like that. But 9 out of 10 looked like female basset hounds that just finished with their 10th litters. Absolutely, without a doubt, an average of â??decimal 1â? on a scale of 1 to 10. If you added up the scores of all 10, you could cheat nicely and give them a collective 1. Youâ??ve been warned.

Black & White used to be on my route. While 18 months ago it had a fairly decent lineup, only 2 or 3 looked barfineable to me. Did have some fun with a couple of "farm fresh" types who were trying like hell to hood-wink/scam old Hugh. These two 18-20 year old Buriram girls were playing games that Hugh probably played with their mothers when they were working SC. Well, probably not. Their mothers were probably more refined and not so overtly mercenary. That is, their mothers probably thanked their customers for a drink and didn't ask "how much you pay me" before agreeing to spend the night. Like I said, had fun with these gals until about the 3rd night when they realized Hugh was putting them on. Then they stopped talking to me. 5555555555

Summarizing: SC continues to be my favorite nightlife venue in BKK. Not as many patrons as 20 years ago when the soi was filled with mongers going from one bar to another. Still, even weeknights, some bars have good crowds. Attitudes have changed for the worse on the part of the girls over the years. Itâ??s always been about money, but now itâ??s about â??how muchâ?Â.

As I said, I only went to NEP three times in three weeks, even though I was staying across the soi at the Royal Grand Nana Hotel Resort and Spa. Visited a total of 5 bars.

Fantasia, which had a few barfineable girls and girls with good attitudes and some B and C cups; was worth a couple of repeat visits just for the chat and grab-ass. Didnâ??t barfine from there.

Rainbow 4: I found too crowded and smokey to bother to find a place to sit and try to get a decent look at the girls. Iâ??ve been there before and itâ??s the same problem. The layout makes it difficult to see whatâ??s on display except for whatâ??s right in front of you.

Rainbow 3, which had quite a good number of B/C cups accented with nice bodies and faces. As a farang, I expected to be ignored by the Rainbow girls. And while the mamasan would promptly usher girls to the Khon Nippon tables, I had no trouble at all in establishing eye contact with much of the candy on stage. One thing that surprised me was this: I told a dek serve that I wanted to buy number XX a drink. The dek serve immediately informed the girl on stage; she immediately came down off the stage and sat with me. No waiting until her â??shiftâ? was finished. Never experienced that before, but I noticed that the same took place when another customer ordered a drink for a dancer. Kind of a nice touch. Yeah, it cost me a bit more than a drink before the next 12 hours were over, but it was worth it. Although the 2000 baht I dropped for a LT love affair exceeded my usual compensation package, it was within the performance-based schedule Iâ??ve adjusted.

Sexy Nights (I think that was the name; about where the old Farang Connection used to be located). Another dismal place my wingman argued for. I took one look and balked. But he insisted and offered to buy me a beer. He just wanted to renew an acquaintance with an old pair of â??slippersâ?Â. A waste of 10 minutes.

Angel Witch: as noted at the top, I was pushed to go to this place by three dancers from SC who wanted to see what all the â??fussâ? was about. Iâ??d seen the show a few years agoâ??or a variation of it. I didnâ??t expect much and I wasnâ??t disappointed. The best part was the music between the â??actsâ?Â. Sounded like part of some movie sound track. (If any of you know what movie, feel free to share your knowledge.) But even the sound track became monotonous. I think we all left with similar impressions. Much noise and not much to miss.

Saphan Kwai. Interesting and different. Iâ??ll post something about it down the line, as not much has been published here. Will just be my impressions/opinions/tips, but maybe worthwhile for some.

All for now. Good luck and good punting.

HH

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well done. Thanks for the informative report!

Was the manager at Spice Girls who grabbed the cell phone farang or Thai? That would piss me off to no end if that happened to me.

Somebody should make an issue of something like that....have police and lawyers hang around the bar the whole evening haggling about the value of the data that was "lost" due to wrong buttons being pushed.

Great report, HH! :thumbup:

Totally agree on Cocktail Club - this is "my bar" in SC. In fact, the second sofa on the right as you walk in has my bum-print etched into it as I sat there 3-4 nights a week for about 4 years!!

Mamasan in there is a good friend of mine - I even went up to Isaan with her for 4 days to meet her family once. She's a great lady. And she doubles as the soi's Avon Lady if you need some cosmetics for you or your tilac! :grin:

Even Nervous Dog (when he was around!) was surprised when I took him for a few drinks in Cocktail Club lately - a couple of chicks he said hed definitely be interested in BF'ing.

Did you go to Tilac Bar? When I was there last month they'd built a wall down the middle and were re-modelling. What's happening there now? It looked like it was going to become a table-dancing club... hope not! Maybe if this is the case they'll have to rename it "Tip-Lac" bar instead. :shakehead

Great write up and glad to hear that you have recovered from your fever/flu. There are a lot of people around the city hacking and coughing and I even saw one yesterday put his hand over his mouth when he was hacking up a lung.

Your insights from the various bars are a good read and I look forward to hearing about your time in Saphan Kwai - fill us in when you get a chance.

Again, thanks

Was in the Tilac a week ago and had a great time with my friend from Berlin (a neebie) and another German, long time xPat.

Yes, dancing on the tables and some great ladies for lots of sanuuk!

I flew back to the USA for the holidays and have the same coughing/hacking thing. Started before I left BKK. About over it now but mixed in with the jet lag, mi sanuuk!!!

See ya on the flip flop!!!

Totally agree with your observations on Spice Club and the same sort of rip-off customer service is also available at Midnight, Deja Vu, and Our Place, including 700-800 baht barfines. Everybody should avoid these places like the plague they are. OTOH, I also liked Dollhouse and Shark in SC, and Playskool in NEP has some cuties too and the only decent rock music in Nanaplaza. Still, the best crop of barfinables in NEP, imho is at Angelwitch. I went to Pattaya for a week, and came back to 10 new girls.

Archived