Bangkok Immigration Tip

CTO

Arrived last night and looked for a short queue, sometimes I try and sneak into the ASEAN queue, (Australian South East Asian Nations) but none to be seen,all the queues beside me are either Thai (6 queues, empty) or Diplomat, and again they refuse to believe I am either.

BUT

The immigration officers really impressed me, seeing Farang queue was long, the Thai and Diplomat short, they started moving people to those spots, I went from having 30 people in front of me to being outside in less than 10 minutes.

TIP - Stand in the queue beside all the semi empty Thai lanes!

Thought all the "Smart" travellers did this already :dunno::grinyes::dunno:

My Chinese Boss put me onto that "trick" ages ago and it works well in most Asian countries.

Also had an interesting experience on the Shanghai / Sydney flight yesterday.

During the flight one of the flight attendants came to me and handed me an "Express clearance" invitation...WOW....I'm SO important...lol..

Got to Immi in Sydney...all happy that I would jump ahead of the hundreds in the line....5555 and believe it or not....NO long queue!!!!

Went through the Express lane....easy...then to the Xray queue....then they said..."Anything to declare?"....Nope....OK....straight out the door....No Xray for the second time in 3 weeks...Amazing, but true!!!

Cheers DS

Archived