Hostage situation at Clinton Office

Torneyboy

Look at the "mandates" Australia requires to fund their healthcare system. There are no easy answers.

Do the math. An average middle class taxpayer (I define middle class a family income of 2x GDP) in OZ pays less in taxes than an US taxpayer *if* you include an average health insurance premium (my experience: family of 4 = US$1,200/mo) for the US taxpayer. This does *not* include any co-pays or deductibles, so the difference is very clear as the Oz tax rate realizes a savings at just the health insurance premium rate...

Cheers,

SD -- can provide the math upon request...

You prove my point! By "mandating" everyone must pay the "average" premium should decrease.

A bit naive are we? Given that in the plan "everyone must be covered", what is the impetuous for the decrease in premiums?

Have you backup for your ascertation that Oz healthcare workers make less than US (as a percentage of GDP)? Are you figuring in costs?

Regards,

SD

... because healthy people that now choose to be without health insurance will be brought into the system! This will lower premiums, because the payout per person will decrease.

Studies show that doctor salaries in America are 5 times the median income whereas in other OECD countries the ratio is 3:1. So even when compared to other professions within America, doctors make way more in America than they do elsewhere.

Archived