600bt Barfines

quote:

Originally posted by simie:

I think all but the hardcore sex tourists are deciding that with increasing bar fines and lady drink prices together with bar fine curfews and the ridiculous 2am closing they are better off going elsewhere.

Cheers Simie.

Where Simie? I'd like to know where there's a better place! crazy.gif" border="0

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norcalal, yes, so would I!! But I think there are varying degrees of sex tourism. And many (speaking from a British point of view here) go for a good drink and laugh with a few mates and the girls are just the icing on the cake. A lot of these people are simply going to more mainstream places where the bars don't close at 2am. And the government does'nt try and tell cash paying tourists when to go to bed!

Cheers Simie.

quote:

Originally posted by simie:

A lot of these people are simply going to more mainstream places where the bars don't close at 2am. And the government does'nt try and tell cash paying tourists when to go to bed!

Cheers Simie.

The bars that the Thais go to are being targeted too, probably more so than the farang orientated ones. This has nothing to do with clamping down on tourists...

I was at different places second half of november both in Bangkok and Pattaya and everything looked dead. Very sad, no customers.

Thai logic to increase prices.

I left to travel south, spent the last 4 days this week in Bangkok and did not even consider NEP, SC, or PP (I had found a nice BG on day 4 and kept her all the way.

After visiting Thailand for 10 years, nightlife is at it worst. At such prices, they won't see me that soon. I bought a mobile for my gal (5000 baht, one of these older Nokias), she went home (Udon), I will be back early february and probably hit the road with her for severall months.

Am I getting old? No sir, we hit the law of Lafner which says "price increases for a given product will reach such levels customers will turn away from buying that product". This is definitively the case for Thai bar fines and beer prices.

I started to see a girl from playpen a go-go in Soi Yamoto ,Pattaya.

There the bar is open from 2pm tp 2am. However any barfine paid in the afternoon only entitled you to have the girl off the premises until 8pm. If you want her all day and night the barfine is 1000 baht.

Well, I paid the 600B barfine in Voodoo last night. Only because she's my favorite girl in BKK, plus my GF was back in Issan so I checked into a hotel so I could take this girl LT for the first time ever.

She wasn't even aware that the BF had gone up to 600B until yesterday when a guy gave her 1000B and she only got 400B back from the mamasan. I guess they don't have staff meetings to inform the girls of such meaningless details.

Ranger

Archived