600bt Barfines

I've been hearing from sources that there's been a new push for 600bt barfines. That sounds like very bad news... Has there ever been a time when the bf was raised then reduced back to it's original? I fear that once this trend starts catching on, there's no way to bring it back down no matter how many would boycott.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news indeed.

Ok, I'm not a barowner and don't know anything about the go-go bizniz's particulars - from an insider's view that is ;. But to me 600 Baht seems awfully high.

In Chiang Mai earlier this year I saw a sign at one of the go-go's that said:

"Barfine. 300 Baht. After midnight only"

wink.gif" border="0

Straycat

600 baht is to much. I feel the barowners are now taking the piss somewhat. What with 110 baht for a beer in many bars and now the 600 baht bare fine. Its already in operation in some bars in Pattayaland 2. If things carry on going this way then I for one will eventually return to the beer bars when in Pattaya and freelancers in Bangkok. I've also spoken to others who feel the same way.

Cheers Simie.

TO BANG A DECENT BABE HERE IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK WOULD COST ANYWHERE BETWEEN 9000 BAHT TO 18000 BAHT........................

I GIVE ANYTHING TO PAY 600 ON A COLD RAINY NIGHT LIKE TONIGHT wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

I got hit with a 600bht barfine in May for one of the "door girls" at Dollhouse in CEP. I think the normal fine is 400? It appeared on the check as "600, barfine girls name" So I would assume it was legitimate. It was worth the extra 200bht in all truth, but I do object to it as the norm. I would assume as the exchange rate changes, so will the prices. But a 50% increase is rediculus, Washington Sq. and Asok only hit me for 300, I'll hang there!

ms0003,

you have to think in terms of baht. I'm afraid once 600 baht becomes common, the girls would increase theirs as well.

you guys in the kingdom atm, have you noticed the 600BF pop up more often recently?

ms00033, Khun Sanuk is absolutely correct we are talking about Thailand. Why is it that some people cannot think in baht and always have to make compare prices with those in the west. If more people paid the going rate instead of always thinking what the same service would cost in their home country then perhaps we would have fewer of the growing number of girls with "attitude" who seem to want to provide a minimal service at inflated prices. I think Old Hippie is correct and that many more people will be finding their sanuk in areas/bars that provide a good service and charge a sensible price.

Cheers Simie.

Archived