It was only a matter of time!!!

canadalad

Manchester Evening News

-----------------------

'Gunmen' march through streets

Exclusive: Neal Keeling and Chris Osuh

5/12/2007

A GANG of 25 men dressed all in black and carrying guns marched through Manchester streets - triggering a massive police operation.

It is understood that police received 999 calls from five different witnesses in different streets shortly before 4pm yesterday.

Several callers said that shots had been fired, but there were no reports of any injuries. :dunno:

The streets where the men were spotted lie to the west of Alexandra Park - a location frequented by the Gooch Gang and their associates. Some of the men were reported to be wearing balaclavas and others scarves over their faces.

Sounds like the cops may know some of them at least

Growing up and spending my early adult years in Salford / Manchester area this does not surprise me in the least. In 1984 a friend and I were attacked by a gang with knives and were left for dead bleeding in the streets and in 1988 I was shot by a stray bullet in a drive by shooting, needless to say I left the place soon afterwards.

Four years ago there was a book published called Gang War all about Salford and Manchester gangs since the early 80's, interesting read for me since I happen to know or know of most of the characters mentioned in the book.

Archived