Any of these Guest Friendly?

PP

The Regency Park has always been guest friendly for me (been using it regularly for 6 years), however some others have been charged a joiner fee. Also friends of mine who have stayed there haven't been charged.

It has been suggested that if you book direct and pay the standard room rate (which I do) then you don't pay for guests but if you book online and pay a discount rate then you do pay. :dunno:

This 50/50 thing is bollocks. Why do hotels go through the stupid process of not charging "if you book a double"? :thumbdown: I'd count that as unfriendly.

There's also a worrying trend where some hotels will open up and stay gf for a while but, after a few months, suddenly start charging. The Key and Mercure hotels did this.

Add one to the "friendly" list.

DeLuxury Hotel, just opposite The Key on Sukhumvit 19. Clean basic rooms with wifi 1300B a night. I tried it for a night and it was fine. It checks and keeps IDs. For what reason, I don't know because they didn't ring me to check everything was OK when the girl went. :dunno:

There was some sort of bollocks on the front desk about a 'third guest' being charged at 300B but I didn't get to check exactly what this meant. The guy at reception said something reassuring about an extra bed but I didn't get to verify it as I only took one girl that night. () :angel: )

Archived