Would you marry a Thai Gal?

unit731

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might marry a Thai gal, but I would never take her out of Thailand. Even if she was a gtg, living in the US or Europe will ruin her.

Marriage in general is a losing proposition for any guy who is even the least bit successful financially. Never get married in a Western country to any girl unless she has more money than you ever plan to have.

I never really considered it. Once I learned heard that phrase 'you marry her family as well as her', I knew I wouldn't. I'd sooner marry a Brazilian perhaps.

A couple other factors such as I could never really read Thai girls. Never knew if they were telling the truth or lying. Not that any man can read any woman but they were a breed of their own. I can pretty much figure out western women but TGs were too tough.

I'll get flamed for the last reason but I would want my kids to be raised in my religion. Not saying I am a zealot or want them to be, but I do want them to share my faith.

If she was an orphan raised in a western headed orphanage, maybe. Other than that no. :smirk:

Good idea to marry a Thai orphan. I know one bloke that did marry a Thai orphan which takes the extended Thai family out of the picture.

To me, I see way too many Thai/farang marriages stressed out due to pressures of the Thai extended family, otherwise known as useless, Thai deadbeat freeloaders...IMO!

Sure, but you better recognize and accept the cultural differences and be willing to compromise between the two...that goes for the Thai lady too. Thais seem to think their culture "trumps" the other culture in a marriage and this has to fought and established not so from the beginning.

Regards,

Archived