Pet Peeves about bangkok

buddha

I am continually amazed at how CLEAN Bangkok is, compared to a lot of places I've seen.

Yes, the skytrain is crowded. Deal with it. Yes, the escalators are crowded. Deal with it. Every time I go to Bangkok, every time I go somewhere in Bangkok, I remind myself I'm not in a hurry, I can enjoy the ride and the views.

Bloody tourist who come to Bangkok for a few weeks a year telling us expat residents that we cannot have our pet peeves about our HOME city. :neener:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1. Noise. Everything is too loud. (Actually, this is country-wide). The Thais may be looking at a generation of near-deaf.

#2. Filthy air. I lived in Bangna for nearly three years and minute particles of soot coated my walls and floors only days after cleaning. Being on the 15th floor, one could easily see the shroud of filthy air as one gazed across the city.

#3. The traffic. It takes nearly forever to go anywhere by taxi or bus. The Skytrain and the Subway are welcomed relief.

Enough complaining for now.

I'd hate to see the other places you've been if you consider Bangkok clean.

Briefly off topic, I found your Japanese girl avatar on a .gif site last month and tucked it away in Photo Bucket for a rainy day only to find that the site censors had deleted the disgusting filth.

...Yep, having just been in Saigon, there's no comparison. The locals can't conceive of driving without beeping their horns every 5 seconds. :thumbdown:

Sounds (no pun intended) like the larger cities in Cambodia. But, there they think the horn is magic. Motodops and cars often don't slow down for a crowded 4-way intersection...they just lay on the horn, apparently believing that it will create a clear path for them, through the intersection.

I'm heading there tomorrow...for a friends wedding, and I'll find out if the new sound-blaster horns I put on my bike will also work like magic :)

Archived