ThaiHotelDiscounts RIP

thaihoteldiscounts

I was open to using your service Tim because you deserve some recognition for your support on the board.

But to be honest you were not as competitive as other providers or from the Hotels themselves under a corporate arrangement.

Anyway all the best. :beer:

agree

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was open to using your service Tim because you deserve some recognition for your support on the board.

But to be honest you were not as competitive as other providers or from the Hotels themselves under a corporate arrangement.

Bust,

Given your corporate stays, imagine it was 5 star hotels. Yes, booking is usually cheaper this way.

I am curious, when you say we were not as competitive as others. Were u using Agoda/Precision Reservations? As they add 21 % more on after at the booking screen.

1.Was the currency Thai Baht or USD?

2. Were all taxes included?

Anyway, I do think its good to have the best prices. However you dont really know how good a company is till u got a problem? Heard many stories about other webs, refusing to refund/take 6 months to get it, and how helpful they are when u need their help?

Thats just my take.

Hope your business continues to grow and thanks for helping me in the past.

As a parting comment may I suggest that a board of this nature, with mainly old hands and few newbies, is not going to be the most lucrative marketing arena as people already have their own accommodation or preferred hotels and feel they do not need assistance. Alternatively, they may have a directly negotiated deal.

I shall keep you in mind for myself and when asked by others to seek out hotels in Thailand.

Finally, do you think there will ever be a truly instant online confirmation service or do you think the hotels themselves will never release real time information or pay for their own yield management programmes ? Personally I don't hold my breath.

Best wishes for the future.

Bust' date='

Given your corporate stays, imagine it was 5 star hotels. Yes, booking is usually cheaper this way.

I am curious, when you say we were not as competitive as others. Were u using Agoda/Precision Reservations? As they add 21 % more on after at the booking screen.

1.Was the currency Thai Baht or USD?

2. Were all taxes included?

Anyway, I do think its good to have the best prices. However you dont really know how good a company is till u got a problem? Heard many stories about other webs, refusing to refund/take 6 months to get it, and how helpful they are when u need their help?

Thats just my take.

[/quote']

OK to clarify a few points.

From my own personal experience my corporate rate I personally negotiated directly with the hotel was much cheaper than what you offered. Not 5 star hotel but rather well known with a variety of different standard rooms. I stay in their best rooms.

As for other other reservation agencies I am simply referring to comments made by other board members. Call it taking liberty if you like but I think it is important you get a general idea of what is being said as others may not feel comfortable posting.

Always paid in THB and yes taxes were included.

:xmascheer

Hope your business continues to grow and thanks for helping me in the past.

As a parting comment may I suggest that a board of this nature, with mainly old hands and few newbies, is not going to be the most lucrative marketing arena as people already have their own accommodation or preferred hotels and feel they do not need assistance. Alternatively, they may have a directly negotiated deal.

I shall keep you in mind for myself and when asked by others to seek out hotels in Thailand.

Finally, do you think there will ever be a truly instant online confirmation service or do you think the hotels themselves will never release real time information or pay for their own yield management programmes ? Personally I don't hold my breath.

Best wishes for the future.

torrenova,

I think u may well be right. I have had some bookings from the board and obviously some referrals to friends and family. Although given the outlay per month and the max 4 bookings from this site. Does not make financial sense to keep losing. It did surprise me though as I have quite a few hundred bookings per month from similar forums. Given my contribution here, did think it would be much better.

Sure hotels will have instant confirmation in the future. Some are already doing so already.

I will not go down this path, had a few cockups in the beginning using instant confirmation. We had allocation and the staff at the hotel did not enter into their system. Also during peak time, mistakes can happen and many agents going for the allocation at the hotel and many cases of overbooking occurs.

I prefer to get confirmation in writing from each hotel, in black and white etc. Doesn't make too much difference for me, as we usually get confirmation in less than 1.5 hours during office hours anyway.

Thanks to all the members for your business and sure u will find me if I can serve u in the future. Like I mentioned earlier, u don't really know how good any company is till u have a problem. Sure this can be applied across most industries.

Tim

Archived