ThaiHotelDiscounts RIP

thaihoteldiscounts

Hi,

"I am curious, when you say we were not as competitive as others. Were u using Agoda/Precision Reservations? As they add 21 % more on after at the booking screen."

I just noticed this. Was comparing prices for the Euro Grand. You list this for 1,307, they for 1,117. Out of curiosity I started a booking. Price immediately went up to $39, which when using an exchange rate of 33:1 means 1,307 Baht.

Maybe you should emphasize the fact that the price you list is the actual price you charge.

Sanuk!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

"I am curious, when you say we were not as competitive as others. Were u using Agoda/Precision Reservations? As they add 21 % more on after at the booking screen."

I just noticed this. Was comparing prices for the Euro Grand. You list this for 1,307, they for 1,117. Out of curiosity I started a booking. Price immediately went up to $39, which when using an exchange rate of 33:1 means 1,307 Baht.

Maybe you should emphasize the fact that the price you list is the actual price you charge.

Sanuk!

Sanuk,

Thanks. Yes that happens. Also their( Agoda) rates may be in THB, but u make payment in USD only. Its fine if you are using a US credit card. Maybe not so nice if you are not. Using DCC, u may not like the rate too much.

Our hotels are in Baht, we charge in Baht and use Kbank to make the charges. Except those in USD. We then take the exact rate from the Bank and apply it. None is added.

No DCC. Judging by the 2% kickbacks from using DCC, some companies who are using this, are not using the exchange rates we see day to day.

I do think that up to Oct 31st. Some rates may have been not so good. However come Nov 1st onwards, we have great competitive rates for Bangkok. We are pretty much up there with Asia Rooms on price. Would be interested to hear any price that we are not competitive on in Bangkok? Except 5 star hotels of course.

One thing that will be changed on the site soon is, the prices of all rooms will be on the page info page. Then you will see the prices without needing to go through some more steps. Should make things easier.

Cheers

Tim

a lot of other sides do this as well.

hotelasia has a admin surcharge

asia travel changed from a thb rate to a usd rate which was around 10% higher than the thb rate

etc.etc.

Samak,

Yes many sites advertise in many currencies and only process in USD. For the end user, not sure how to compare the exact prices between the sites.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim-

Best of luck! I used your service on a number of occasions and always found it excellent. That I didn't use it more often depends on the corporate discount factor - the company I work for is now insisting that employees use the hotels with which it has an agreement.

For vacation travel or out-of-the-way places in Thailand, I'll be using your services again.

Evel

:devil:

Tim-

Best of luck! I used your service on a number of occasions and always found it excellent. That I didn't use it more often depends on the corporate discount factor - the company I work for is now insisting that employees use the hotels with which it has an agreement.

For vacation travel or out-of-the-way places in Thailand, I'll be using your services again.

Evel

:devil:

Evel,

in many of your stories - which I do enjoy - you keep mentioning the Town Lodge Hotel .

How far away fom Suk is it and is it really this great? After the closing of Swiss Park, I am looking for an new shelter close to SC.

Have a nice day

MaW

:cover:

My fault, just found out myself. There was a rumor out, that they wanted to tare the complex down. But the owner(s) sold, and the new owner(s) do belong to another mafia than our german travell-agent, so he will not book SP anymore. :banghead: Beiing in LOS too long, :doah: he told me that it is closed. Son of a bitch! :cussing:

Thanks for the info - will book directly now, as I liked the place. Good location and excellent value for money. :applause:

Still would like to know more about the Soi 18 joint.

:beer:

Archived