Underage Girls

Raven

quote:

Originally posted by Mad Max:

I sure wouldn't want to have to explain that to the boys in brown...

If she was 18 it wouldn't have mattered to me. Thats why I didn't care if that part of the story was true. I'm still hoping that someone will say its really 2545 instead of 2544 but I guess not.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

A friend just returned from his first trip to LOS, he spent quite a lot of time with one particular girl who had a woman's body to say the least, no way you could tell. From a friend, he heard the girl was only 16, when he pressured her for an answer, she came clean that the had just turned 16 a few months ago. Hard to tell in her case. As far as the age of consent being 16 and 18 for professional services, how can the police tell? also, if prostitution is technically illeagle in LOS, why the distinction? Just wondering!

My guess is because laws against prostitution in LOS are like some of the blue laws still on the books in say the USA; long forgotten and/or not taken seriously, and not enforced.

But underage prositution and holding women against their will for prostitution are still very serious crimes.

MAX:

She said her ID said she was 18 but was really 20 due to her mom

not filling out the paper work till 2 years later. Her mom and the

mamasan also sweared by this.

HOW'S that saying go?

"one lies and the other one swears to it"?

quote:

She said her ID said she was 18 but was really 20 due to her mom not filling out the paper work till 2 years later. Her mom and the mamasan also sweared by this.

I sure wouldn't want to have to explain that to the boys in brown...

A friend of mine who is fluent in Thai met a girl in Pattaya last week who I would hve put at about 14 but was definitely 18+ and had the ID to prove it. As they enterred the hotel and she gave her ID to the desk clerk he spoke to the girl in Thai saying "It's a pity you have had your birthday already" and was quite surprised when my friend asked him why he had said that. Laughing, he explained that he would have called the police and earned a commission for turning him in.

Be careful out there.

LG

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

Perhaps I live a blessed life. I never even considered the age of the girls. I "assumed" if I paid a barfine I was in the clear.

Out of curiousity, how often or does it happen that a guy pays a fine, takes home to room, and gets rousted by the cops? Does this really happen? Seems a bit unfair if the guy was in a bar (drinking probably???) and paid a fine (assumes this means she is of legal age to BE in a bar). What usually happens to a guy in this situation? Why doesn't the bar share some culpability?

jimmyb, you are farang, you must be guilty, also you might have money, so you can pay to get out of jail. You maybe innocent, but you are still guilty in Thailand. Nobody in Thailand gives a stuff about the law, they don't police the age laws in night spots(supposedly changing now)and they all can't work out the correct age from an ID card. But if you get caught you are supposed to have been able to do it all by yourself, because you are farang and are their to be bled dry by any means.

aussiedog,

Silly me. Of course. I am farang. it MUST be my fault. Thanks for correcting my momentary madness using LOGIC to define how things should work. LOLs. And, you are 100% correct I believe.,

My guess, act scared, act poor, get off with 10,000 baht or something. Unless you are staying in an expensive hotel.

Better still, try hard to make sure all are of legal age. I am not personally into the "youth" thing since a 22 yo looks pretty young from my middle age perspective. But, I admit, I once knew a lady in a gogo, and 18 months later she was not working (had boyfriend too mut now) and was having a birthday party with her old friends at the gogo. Asked her what age - 18. That means I knew her when she was, ummm, 16.5? Yikes.

Now on I check IDs.

Archived