Citi Chic Hotel, Soi 13. Guest friendly?

Stan Smith

Howdy.

Title says it all i guess.

No info on there website. Looks like a cracking hotel for the money and im hoping to stay there over New Year period.

My only worry is, it looks like the type of place who may turn away my treat for the evening (at worst) or charge a joiner fee (at best).

Does anyone have first hand experience?

Im going to book with Thaihoteldiscounts as soon as i can clear this up.

Many thanks

SM

Howdy.

Title says it all i guess.

No info on there website. Looks like a cracking hotel for the money and im hoping to stay there over New Year period.

My only worry is, it looks like the type of place who may turn away my treat for the evening (at worst) or charge a joiner fee (at best).

Does anyone have first hand experience?

Im going to book with Thaihoteldiscounts as soon as i can clear this up.

Many thanks

SM

Hi Sm,

Thanks and got your email.

Citi Chic is about as guest friendly as they come. Should be in the guest friendly list at the top of the forum but can't seem to access it now.

Same owner as Majestic Suites and Majestic Grande.

Sorry no rooms during the new year period at all. Checked and they are booked solid.

Tim

Hi,

It is guest friendly. I know from a freelancer who told me and said it was pretty nice. I also went to check for myself the other week when my usual hotel happened to be full and, of course, that was one of the questions I asked. :) There are no joiner fees - they just check the ID.

I don't even like them to check and keep the ID myself so I was trying to find a comfortable place that didn't. (Anyone know a few, btw? :dunno: )

Apart from the policy, I wanted to look around and get a feel for the place. Would I feel comfortable walking in with a freelancer? What was the demographic of the guests? How relaxed were the staff?

I also looked at Adelphi Suites and it seemed a bit more foreboding with its lobby and very visible security presence, although its rooms were a bit nicer (CitiChic ones are very small). There's also a huge price difference between Internet and walk-in rates at Adelphi and I couldn't be bothered with that sort of mucking around. So I was going to choose CitiChic for a night before my usual hotel suddenly got a space and I didn't have to.

Looks like a nice place.

Interesting to know its the same owners as Majestic Suites.

Dearer than Majestic Suites - wonder if its worth it ???

How far is it from Nana BTS etc. walking ??

Hamokhamok,

Deluxe room is only 1,980 Baht per night and is in a different world than the Suites. Its a great little hotel, free internet in the rooms are rooms have both shower and bathtub.

Its a good 10 minute walk to the BTS but hotel have free tuk tuk service.

Tim

Hi Tim

Thanks for the zippy reply.

Jeez. Seems im screwed. Its my own fault for leaving it so late i guess. Citi Chic looked awesome for a couple grand a night - is that place realy only 3 star?

There must be a half decent hotel in that area for around 2000 night that isnt full?

Archived