Benazir Bhutto killed!

Flashermac

<< And it is funny hat all the returning vets are running as Dems... >>

Posted July 16th, 2007 by khurt

Yes you heard me right. Now that all Q2 financial reports from both sides are publicized we can see who is getting money from where.

It has been no surprise that the contributions from the US Navy, US Army, US Air Force, and US Veterans tends to favor the Republican Party but what might be a little surprising is that Congressman Ron Paul leads the pack overall with more contributions than even Senator John McCain. Here are the numbers (in dollars) as compiled by eaglescout over at TheSpinFactor.com:

NAME: TOTAL [ARMY] [NAVY] [AIRFORCE] [VETERAN]

RON PAUL: 23,465 [6,975] [6,765] [4,650] [5,075]

McCain: 15,825 [6925] [6305] [1795] [800]

Romney: 3,551 [2,051] [0] [1500] [0]

Rudy: 2,320 [1,450] [370] [250] [250]

Hunter: 1000 [0] [1000] [0]

Richardson: 800 [50] [750] [0]

Huckabee: 750 [250] [0] [500]

Tancredo: 350 [350] [0] [0]

Brownback: 71 [71] [0] [0]

Thompson: 0 [0] [0] [0]

Units are contributions in dollars by employees of the respective military organizations (all numbers can be found via the FEC Website ).

I would have jumped to the conclusion that our soldiers are ticked off that they have to be fighting an unecessary war against an invisible enemy in 120+ degree weather BUT that would certainly not explain why many veterans would be supporting Ron Paul. This sentiment probably stems from Congressman (and US Air Force veteran) Paul's honesty, as well as his ability to both use and communicate solid reasoning. Soldiers must not like how they are being used for the whims of corrupt politicians and I'm sure would like to get back to the days when they were used in the honorable role of protecting freedom... something Dr. No has consistently done from his seat in Congress and would undoubtedly do from his seat in the Oval Office.

Ron Paul is the US Military's #1 Choice

Students for Ron Paul

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.... Some of them smashed the glass door at the main entrance of the emergency unit' date=' ....[/quote']

Usefull response. :rolleyes: Why is it that the coloured people respond to everything by smashing, burning and looting? :shakehead The burning effigies will be next. :dunno:

At first, I thought Munchies statemant was insensitive and slightly out of line :offline: ; however a quidk browse through the headlines made me reconsider...Kenya, Burma and Pakistan both are experiencing political turmoil and respond by rioting/looting and the military firing on civilians :dunno: . But I believe it is more of a cultural response.

I dare say you would not see this type of reaction in western nations...er, except perhaps France :stirthepo

.... Some of them smashed the glass door at the main entrance of the emergency unit' date=' ....[/quote']

Usefull response. :rolleyes: Why is it that the coloured people respond to everything by smashing, burning and looting? :shakehead The burning effigies will be next. :dunno:

At first, I thought Munchies statemant was insensitive and slightly out of line :offline: ; however a quidk browse through the headlines made me reconsider...Kenya, Burma and Pakistan both are experiencing political turmoil and respond by rioting/looting and the military firing on civilians :dunno: . But I believe it is more of a cultural response.

I dare say you would not see this type of reaction in western nations...er, except perhaps France :stirthepo

And England, and Los Angeles. Most riots seem to involve poor people and that is the common denominator, rather than race, creed or colour.

I don't think the rich folks in Pakistan joined in the riots.

Interesting that Ron Paul got the most money by those in the military. He's the ONLY candidate calling for a full, unequivocal military pullout of Iraq. The military personell are traditionally Republican since they tend to want to spend the most on the military. Its traditional that top brass remain as politically neutral publicly as possible for obvious reasons but the top brass are by and large republican voting. Goes back to Ike. Who kept to tradition and no one really knew his party. The Dems tried to recruit him to run as well. Same with the Colin Powell, no one really knew. Cllinton was advised to offer him a position in his administration as he feared he may run...as a Democrat. It was later found he was a Republican. His rise up the ranks was due to Republicans and he felt he owed them.

15% of the people arrested for looting in the LA riots were white. That's because it spread to parts of Hollywood. I think its a manifestation of the poor. Before the Civil War broke out the Irish Americans rioted in NYC, called the conscription riots, for a few days, even burned down a black orphanage.

The west is modernized and built up. I'm not even sure if there are any predominantly white 3rd world or even 2nd world countries. Maybe if Argentina...maybe...since a lot of theom are of german and italian descent.

There are many small predominantly minority nations that are like the west and rarely have riots (a lot of caribbean nations for instance)

White folks haven't had a good riot in ages.

Yes, we haven't had a good riot in the UK since we got rid of that evil cow, thatcher. I remember the poll tax and miners riots well. I used to go round and shag a local coppers wife while he was out beating the poor miners up. It does go to show, riots are caused by how people are treated, and have little to do with their colour or race.

Brave Lady to still be out in public after the last try on her life,

OC

Sometimes a fine line between "bravery" and "stupidity". Seems like she, her husband, her party and the Pakistan government were very well kept advised on various "non-actionable" intelligence regarding her safety and possible attempts. Considerable briefings were apparently given to those in a position to do more than they did to protect her...and it would appear that those suggestions were ignored.

Now appears that Scotland Yard might get involved in leading any "international" inquiry; of course, pending Pakistani approval.

HH

Archived