Huge Ratchada fire

Flashermac

according to newspapers TTC owns the building for very long even when it was a Tokyu department store before the Asian crisis 1997 (i can still remember this store!). Thaksin's wife purchased a plot of land nearby or adjacent under questionable circumstances (will be subject of the court case she has to go through) just few years back!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is supposed to be a time limit on completing buildings - 5 years after construction has stopped, I think. The idea is that exposure to the elements has damaged the structure (especially the steel). Nevertheless, I know of several buildings that were completed after the time had expired.

:hmmm:

I know of NO unfinished building that was demolished despite the skyline being riddled with a hundred of them sitting there as a skeleton for close to 10 years. When I look around now, almost every single one of them has resumed work and been completed.

There is supposed to be a time limit on completing buildings - 5 years after construction has stopped, I think. The idea is that exposure to the elements has damaged the structure (especially the steel). Nevertheless, I know of several buildings that were completed after the time had expired.

:hmmm:

Reminds me, are they finishing off the BTS link from the airport or are those conrete "T"'s still standning there ?

Archived