Huge Ratchada fire

Flashermac

The Skytrain is slowing being built out to Swampypoom. Got a long ways to go yet. Maybe in a couple of years???

p.s. Be great fun getting off a long flight, lugging your bags onto the Skytrain and standing all the way into the city. :p

The Airport passengers should at least get a chance of a seat. The real losers will be the people at On Nut who have it good right now. They will get loaded trains pulling in.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virtually all abandoned building in Bangkok are not steel structures anyway' date=' but are concrete, and these are most likely to be able to stand partially finished for many years without structural damage before being completed.

[/quote']

The concrete has rebar, ie steel rods, that are exposed to the elements. The water, over time, will travel along the rebar and rust it deep inside the concrete. This weakens the structure.

I didnâ??t say they would last forever, I just said there is no â??5 year ruleâ? and each building needs to be assessed if construction is to be started again.

Rebar is routinely stored outside for years at time, it takes a long time for it to be structurally weakened due to oxidation

Ya, I think so. It runs along Kamphaengphet 7. The train from Swampy is ending at Makkasan now, I believe. Not far from the old Nasa Spacedrome which was razed for the train to pass through.

Not connecting to either the subway or the sky train AFAIK...

Cheers,

SD

Update -- My bad it will connect: [color:blue]Tickets: 100 baht (express -> Phyathai-NBIA, 10 baht + number of kilometers for the transit version)

There will be eight stations:

1) Phyathai - connecting with BTS and some business buildings if requested

2) Raj Prarob - connecting with major buildings and commercial centers around Pratoo Nam, OA Cinema, and old Makkasan Station.

3) New Makkasan/Asok - on 19.6 rai of land with City Air terminal

4) Ram Khamhaeng - connecting with Phetburi, Phatthnakarn, Ram Khamhaeng

5) Hua Mark - connecting with Sri Nakharin

6) Thub Chang - connecting with Kanchanaphisek, Bangkok -Chonburi Motorway

7) Lad Krabang - near Rom Klao interchange

8) NBIA

The depot: 40-Rai of SRT land at Klong Tan[/color]

But I do not think stations 1-2 are under construction yet. Phase 2?

City Air Terminal Drawing from NTPR:

thumb_1200460899-CityAirTerminalMakkasan.jpg

Ya, I think so. It runs along Kamphaengphet 7. The train from Swampy is ending at Makkasan now, I believe. Not far from the old Nasa Spacedrome which was razed for the train to pass through.

Not connecting to either the subway or the sky train AFAIK...

Cheers,

SD

Update -- My bad it will connect: [color:blue]Tickets: 100 baht (express -> Phyathai-NBIA, 10 baht + number of kilometers for the transit version)

There will be eight stations:

1) Phyathai - connecting with BTS and some business buildings if requested

2) Raj Prarob - connecting with major buildings and commercial centers around Pratoo Nam, OA Cinema, and old Makkasan Station.

3) New Makkasan/Asok - on 19.6 rai of land with City Air terminal

4) Ram Khamhaeng - connecting with Phetburi, Phatthnakarn, Ram Khamhaeng

5) Hua Mark - connecting with Sri Nakharin

6) Thub Chang - connecting with Kanchanaphisek, Bangkok -Chonburi Motorway

7) Lad Krabang - near Rom Klao interchange

8) NBIA

The depot: 40-Rai of SRT land at Klong Tan[/color]

But I do not think stations 1-2 are under construction yet. Phase 2?

City Air Terminal Drawing from NTPR:

thumb_1200460899-CityAirTerminalMakkasan.jpg

They are buiding the section from Makkasan to Hualampong station now.

The bit over the expressway is Interestingly cantilvered right now. Will feel much better once it is connected at both ends

Archived