Soi 8 Hotels.

hall

Thanks guys for the help. A further quick question. Getting from Soi 8 to NEP is no hassle -quick taxi/tuk tuk ride along sukhumvit. But from NEP to soi 8 I figure the taxi/tuk tuk will have to go down soi 4 , turn left just over the watercourse into Soi Rong Ngan Ya Sup, then left into soi 10, left to sukhumvit then left to Soi 8 ? Or is there a quicker way ?

Cheers Hall

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you can do is take a Tuk Tuk or Taxi, down Soi Nana away from the Nana Plaza, take the 1st real soi left and follow to the end (150 metres approx) and this brings you to the Really Gorgeous Sukhmvit Crown Hotel (actually more a budget dive).

If you stand outside and look at the entrance to this hotel, to your right you will notice a gap in the buildings and a couple of steps down to the and of a sub soi. This the the second sub soi in, from Sukhumvit on Soi Eight.

So walk down this sub soi (10-20 metres) and you are on Soi 8, almost at your hotel.

I normally walk this but when drunk have tuk'ed it.

You may want to check this journey out in day light or early evening hours as I am not sure if they put a gate over it in the wee hours. I don't think they do, but this is the disclaimer.

Cheers

Coss

The hotels at the far end of Soi 8(500 meters) are in a quiet, residential area, have a Tuk Tuk service that brings you to the top of the Soi.

Very convienent.

A small, new place recently opened called Salil.

I think they charge between 2,000-3,000/ nite.

Havn't personally checked it out but appears to be a nice, quaint place.

If you wait near the 7-11, you will frequently see their Tuk Tuk.

I would look there first.

I have become a Soi 8 fan. i just came back from a short stay at the Adelphi. Nice hotel you won't be disappointed. As has been mentioned about 50 meters to the skytain escalator, easy access by taxi from most places except Nana. Cos showed you the short cut from the Nana area, which if you get a rid to the Sukhumvit crown will leave you a short walk - 50 - 60 meteres to the hotel. Also if you are a little tired and don't have a girl in tow you can stop in at Lolita's for a quick one since you will walk right past it. Soi 8 doesn't have much traffic congestion so if you stagger home you have a chance to amke it wthout being run over. Because of the skytrain escalator you also have easy access to soi 5, 7, 7/1 and 11 by just waqlking down the stairs on the other side or to get a taxi to Soi Cowboy.

Thanks Coss/Buddy Guy.

The Google earth is excellent. You have redlined soi 6 which runs from soi 4 to Suk. It passes in front of Dynasty Grande (two white roofs with pool in between). So a tuk tuk from NEP to the corner where soi 6 goes left to Suk. and then through the short cut to soi 8 "resting" at Lolitas if circumstances so dictate !!

Cheers Hall

Archived