Flying Etihad Airways

Hamokhamok

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep agree, used them a few years back (go direct these days). Apart from the inconvience of having to change planes in the middle-east, they are a very good airline.

You even know in which direction Mecca is at any given time :)

OK. I'll bite. Which way is Mecca?

i have flew all the airlines to bkk now and personally i go for eva now. non stop and its quick to get to silver status so u can use the eva airport lounges.

everytime i seem to fly the middle eastern companies i seem to get jammed between people who have never heard of deodrant spray, nothing worst than sitting next to someone who stinks for 7 hours.

Yep with you on that I always use EVA too, good leg room (not that I need it) and they usually offer the best prices, this trip it cost me 450 quid from Heathrow, Thai were 610 and I wont even mention BA !!!!

They use a B777/300ER on the BKK Abu Dhabi segment in a 3/3/3 eco seat config.

I was lucky to have the other guy next to me to move to the middle seats and had 3 seat for myself, good to have a nap.

Food and service was good, no complaints.

I use them because they fly to Brussels via Abu Dhabi, takes me 2 planes and I like 2x7 hours with a two hours stop over to stretch my legs.

I used to fly Qatar via Paris, much better than Ethihad, but the fast train trip to CDG got at me.

Abu Dhabi is a small airport, nothing to shout about, just ok to transit.

BTW, just booked an April return BKK-BRU for 30k tax included, good deal.

See a trip report here: http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/76396/

eva are now offering econmy class upstairs on the boeing 777`S.

book through eva`S website and u get to choose your seat, pick the one upstairs, they are unbelievable. its like being in first class but economy service. there are about 42 seats so it feels like a private plane. the leg room is amazing, u can fully recline and ur neighbour can still easily get past without disturbing you.

when your food comes u have to bring your seat forward as u cannot reach the drop down table.

its the biggest legroom and pitch for any airline in economy class, it just cant be beaten.

Archived