Tiger's Fiery Jack night in Tokyo

I just read the thread from BJ about trip reports and Yimy's response that he likes them. So here's one, for shits & giggles.

++++++++++

Here's me last Sat night here in ol' Edo. Go stumbling around Golden Gai after a diner of various Indian curries and a buffet of sub-continental beers (Kingfisher, Everest & Maharajah).

Pop into an Aussie owned snack, to help assist in celebrating Aussie Day, but only find a table full of J-gals, a Frenchman, and a stunning Jap/Aussie bird who speaks fuck all English! Three Laphroaigs and some serious flirting with the J/A gal later, I'm off to...

A Flip karaoke bar. A dozen plus scotch-sodas, some for assorted chix as well, a few songs at 100 yen per, assorted gropes to/from the J-gal customers, and a cigar later, it is decision time: my hotel locks it's doors from 0200-0530. Aw fuck it, I'm having a good time, have a cigar left, and that hot J/A bird from the other bar just stopped in. Another dozen scotch sodas, more drinks for gals whom I want to shag, a snog or ten and a couple of duets with the J/A bird (but she wouldn't come home with me), and it's 0500 and the bar unceremoniously dumps me out on the street. How's that for gratitude? Sometime before the bar closes, I phone fellow boardmembers because it sounds like a good idea -- they are not amused when woken up (sorry Cent 5555555)!

Hmmm, drunk but cannot go home until 0530, so I stagger the nether regions of Kabukicho and find a queue of fellow drunks. I join in, since this is Japan and that's the thing to do. Turns out it was for the McDonalds, opening at 0530. A brekky sammich and a Coke is prolly a good thing.

Leave Maccers and find that I cannot remember where my hotel is. Get into a taxi and drive all over Shinjuku trying to find it. Bloody driver did not know of my hotel, but when I finally remembered the name of a nearby ruv hotel, he did. Some 2000 yen later, I'm home.

Nothing missing, except for Sunday. And about 28,000 yen...

Cheers,

SD -- pleased that it was only Y28k...

Aye, Champions. One of my most favouritest dive bars in the world!

Many gaijin? I'd say it is a 35% foreign devil and 65% Japanesey crowd. I suppose that is many gaijin for somewhere outside of Roppongi.

Hugh, it was fine $$ and I knew I was not going to get laid as I know the modus operendi of J-girls: they will not go home w/you on the first meet lest their friends think they're sluts; second meet OK, then not a slut I guess. I was just having fun and laying groundwork for possible future fun.

Cheers,

SD

SD,

Try EX, the German pub in Roponggi.

http://www.ex-tokyo.com/webcam.htm

They have a map how to get there. Very close to Almond's.

Good food, beer and people.

I rarely get to Roppongi cuz I hate being shackled to the train schedule. When I do, it is usually Motown Cafe, Gas Panic (I know, but it's fun!), or Hobgobblin. But thanks for a new place to hit. I will one night; prolly next trip tho'.

Was supposed to hook up with fellow boardie UAL875, but our work schedules just wouldn't cooperate. Too bad, we always have fun (usually in the Pong)...

Cheers,

SD

Archived