"You can talk to me anytime", but don't come to my house

Mentors

Interior minister Chalerm rues past antics

(BangkokPost.com) â?? Interior minister Chalerm Yubamroong has made a public apology, mostly on behalf of two of his rebellious sons who have frequently made the headlines for being on the wrong side of the law.

"Iâ??d like to apologise to everyone for the troubles that I and my family members have caused in the past," he said. :liar:

He then affirmed that none of his offspring will be asked to help at the interior ministry, to make sure that no problems arise. :rolleyes:

Mr Chalerm said he had waited many years to take the helm of the interior ministry and vowed to work hard for the benefit of the people and the country. :rotl:

"What matters to me most is that the interior ministry should always be allowed to be grilled," he said. "The Bangkok governor can talk to me any time, either call me or come and see me at the ministry. Just donâ??t come to my house." :spank:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=125790

:skull:

Chalerm actually has three sons, but one is only sort of rotten.

<< Did the guy actually do any real time for that? >>

He was an acting 2LT in the army, but deserted and hid out. When he finally surrendered, he was locked up for some time during the trial - but was allowed to order meals delivered to him and rumour says had female companionship sent in as well. When he was found "not guilty", some idiots said it meant he could return to duty in the army! The army promptly put a stop to that, saying he'd been given a UD for desertion.

I followed it closely at the time, it must have been at least 5 years ago. It seemed to be all over face, the policeman was involved in a raid on a club and, although he was in no way involved, Chalerm's son, Duangchalerm, took offence at something said to him and blazed away.

we have to remember :alert:

The Untouchables

Monday, Nov. 19, 2001 By ROBERT HORN BANGKOK Article ToolsPrintEmailSphereAddThisRSS It usually starts with a bumped shoulder or a stomped-on foot amid the thick smoke and boozy haze of a Bangkok disco. Then comes the chilling glare and the sudden appearance of men in black safari suits�often moonlighting cops or soldiers. But the sure sign there is about to be trouble�a merciless beating, a pistol-whipping or a shooting�is when the offended party with a chest full of gold chains asks: "Do you know who my father is?"

full story, worth to read

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,185060,00.html

Chalerm actually has three sons, but one is only sort of rotten.

<< Did the guy actually do any real time for that? >>

He was an acting 2LT in the army, but deserted and hid out. When he finally surrendered, he was locked up for some time during the trial - but was allowed to order meals delivered to him and rumour says had female companionship sent in as well. When he was found "not guilty", some idiots said it meant he could return to duty in the army! The army promptly put a stop to that, saying he'd been given a UD for desertion.

He was given bail after like a month in those special quarters. No monkey house for him.

I followed it closely at the time, it must have been at least 5 years ago. It seemed to be all over face, the policeman was involved in a raid on a club and, although he was in no way involved, Chalerm's son, Duangchalerm, took offence at something said to him and blazed away.

Well thats alright then :(

Archived