Obie wins 9th primary in a row!

Flashermac

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just what does his name have to do with anything? Would you say that anyone named Adolph should never be considered for public office no matter their positions simply because they shared a name (not even a relation) with Mr Hitler?

Sheesh! What a mou-roon...

Regards,

SD

was just a thought...

He's been a Senator since 2002 so there are 5 years of voting record that should indicate where he stands on most issues that come before the Senate.

Clinton sites 35 years of experience. Her only elected office was in '00, 2 years more than Obama in terms of federal government experience. She must be counting being the wife of a governor and president as experience. Obama has far more elected office experience than her.

I am one that doesn't take a lot of stock in the 'experience' argument. All presidents are as good as the congress that is in session and the people they appoint to the various departments. Kennedy was one of the youngest but assembled the 'best and the brightest' around himself. I take a far greater stock in integrity. Even the most seasoned politician has to have policy advisors when he runs for president because of the seemingly infinite number of issues out there.

Debates are reduced to prepared or memorized texts on facts and figures on a myriad of subjects that no one can possibly know in detail.

I'd even guess that even after 2 full terms no president still has a grasp on a wide range of things/issues that is in this country and it only comes to the forefront when something happens.

Again, you're as effective as the people you appoint in the various departments. The wisdom comes in picking the right ones.

He's been a Senator since 2002 so there are 5 years of voting record that should indicate where he stands on most issues that come before the Senate.

Obama was first elected to the U.S. Senate in Nov. 2004 and he was sworn into office in Jan. 2005. I agree with your argument otherwise.

Archived