Retrenched today-Advice needed

Thanx for advice boarders,

I have decided to take a trip to ....wait for it , no suprise here .LOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will get my ass over their in the next week or so , no point messing around & wasting money over here that i could be spening on quality LOS loooove!

I plan a short side trip to Laos , maybe Cambodia but Laos 1st priority after LOS.

I hope to meet many of the fascinating charachters that pass through this board , amongst other delites & sin.

Take care smile.gif" border="0

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey zoot,

get your CV and everything together, and then head for LOS. You can do everything except the interview via the internet so check the net, send out your stuff, give them your email and arrange interviews for the time you are back.

No need to tell them you're in LOS. People in HR departements might dislike you for your adventures.

Carlton

Hey zoot,

get your CV and everything together, and then head for LOS. You can do everything except the interview via the internet so check the net, send out your stuff, give them your email and arrange interviews for the time you are back.

No need to tell them you're in LOS. People in HR departements might dislike you for your adventures.

Carlton

Since you've already decided to go, All I will add is that you may want to explore non IT occupations so at least you have some money coming in when you return. Also, you can save money by going to Pattaya and other spots outside of BKK since BKK is more expensive.

Freelancers are cheaper and don't require bar fines which will save you some money but make sure you have condoms ready!

The advice about sending your CV to employment agencies is well taken. Do that and if someone can check your phone messages and e mail you any respones that would be helpful.

Lastly, have fun!

The debt is about $4000 A , The same amount that I have to spend on a holiday if I wish . I agree debt is not good , thats why this is all the debt I have , I consider it to be quite small.

It is 1 or the other for me , I have thought of paying off the debt but then I could not travel ??? You see my conundrem?

What would others do ? I have decided to spend the money on a trip to LOS & continue my re-payments as I am now . I will put aside a little so that I assured of not falling behind in re-payments . Also here in Land of Oz you can get the dole when re-trenched , though I would prefer not to have to take advantage of the dole , the fact is I have been retrenched & I pay tax . So if worse comes to worse after I spend this money then the dole can make the re-payments , if it really gets that I can't get a job , which I seriously doubt , though who knows what is arond the corner these days .

Thanx for your advice. smile.gif" border="0

Archived