Not enough Immigration

Coss

Interesting article. It is quite annoying to be in the overcrowded Immigration room for over a half hour sometimes. Right now I am in transit in Taipei having just left Bangkok with lines right to the wall opposite the counters in the Immigration room. Without exaggeration there was actually a short line even to get into the room which was packed to capacity! Same thing coming in. Not a good first impression (or last experience when leaving) for visitors to Thailand.

While I'm at it, let me do a little complaining about getting any kind of help or directions from the airport staff. None seem to be able to understand or speak English (or heavily accented Thai) so, I guess they are just there to assist Thai people, or maybe as decorations. I know this is Thailand but give me a break - the ratio of foreigners to Thai travelers the the International (!) airport is easily more than 100 to 1. Adding a few more directional signs would be a good idea, too. And more moving walkways. OK, I've calmed down a bit now.

Archived