William F. Buckley Jr. Dies At 82

Steve

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betcha din't know he was also a step brother to Jackie Kennedy.

Suppose that makes me Irish? :hmmm:

<< Gore Vidal's mother was Nina S. Gore, an alcoholic actress who had her Broadway debut in Sign of the Leopard in 1928. She married twice after divorcing Gene Vidal in 1935. One husband was Hugh D. Auchincloss (stepfather of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis) and, per Gore Vidal, mother Nina had "a long off-and-on affair" with actor Clark Gable. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_Vidal

I think that Munchmaster and Gore Vidal have the same sentiments.

Wasn't Gore Vidal openly gay? One of his best known novels was "Myra Breckenridge"' date=' about a post-op. :hmmm: [/quote']

I did not know that but it's interesting that you did. :hmmm:

All "THOSE" guys know each other...

Thanks for the mammaries...

Myra Breckenridge twisted me up as a child. My mother was reading it, left it on her nightstand and I picked it up one day. The first thing I read was a part where some guy amed Rusty, in a prison hospital ward, has a "...dildo roughly inserted into his anus..." by, if I remember correctly, a female staffer.

I was so young, innocent and naive that I not only did not know what a dildo was, but I also was mistaken in thinking that anus and penis were the same thing. I looked up "dildo" in the dictionary, where there was some bogus definition like "a cylindrical shaped or tapered object". I was a bit shocked and spent too much time wondering how this "cylindrical/tapered object" could possibly be shoved into that small hole at the end of the penis.

A couple of years later it was made into a movie starring Racquel Welch, a woman that I had wanted to do something with (I wasn't quite sure what) ever since I saw her in "One Million B.C.", which played at my elementary school around the time I hit puberty.

Quotes from the book:

"I am Myra Breckinridge whom no man will ever possess. Clad only in garter belt and one dress shield, I held off the entire elite of the Trobriand Islanders, a race who possess no words for 'why' or 'because.' Wielding a stone axe, I broke the arms, the limbs, the balls of their finest warriors, my beauty blinding them, as it does all men ..."

"First, I let you talk me out of giving you the venereal disease examination, and now you're suddenly getting dressed, without permission, just when the subject once more has to do with your penis. Rusty, I am very, very suspicious."

"Now you will find out what it is the girl feels when you play the man with her."

''We women are instinctively tender, even when we are achieving total dominion. As a woman, I was touched by Rusty's tears. I even experienced a maternal warmth while tidying up his poor bloody bottom. That is woman's role, to make the wound and then to heal it.''

"... Twice I have punished that head. Once by a literal decapitation, killing Myron so that Myra might be born and then, symbolically, by torturing and mocking Rusty's sex in order to avenge Myron for the countless times that he had been made victim by that mitred one-eyed beast, forever battering blindly at any orifice, seeking to scatter wide the dreaded seed that has already so filled up the world with superfluous people that our end is now at hand ..."

" ... I had always believed that between the operation, on the one hand, and the rape of someone like Rusty on the other, I would become Woman Triumphant, exercising total power over men as men once exerted that same power over Myron and still do over the usual woman."

Ok all of you junior Freudians: have at it!

Rusty is the "acting student" that Myra the transexual (Racquel Welch) ties up and ass rapes. She also seduces Rusty's girlfriend, played by Farrah Fawcett. Eventually, Myra has an auto accident, has to stop taking hormones and reverts to being Myron, her original male incarnation- but now dickless. I looked all of this up.

Here's a

from the movie. :)

"I am Myra Breckinridge whom no man will ever possess. Clad only in garter belt and one dress shield, I held off the entire elite of the Trobriand Islanders, a race who possess no words for 'why' or 'because.' Wielding a stone axe, I broke the arms, the limbs, the balls of their finest warriors, my beauty blinding them, as it does all men ..."

I know her! We dated once. Went by another name though and from north Philly. Ball breaker. Garter belt. Can't be possessed. Yup, that's her.

Archived