Myanmar

Gadfly

Ah ha...a temple tourist comes out of the closet, eh?

However, assuming you'll be staying at 4* or above, should have no prob getting a girl back for a night of economic theory discussions. (That is, no joiner fee and nobody blocking your entry.) LT discussions about your temple visits will run you 20 to 50 bucks, depending on where you find your students and how well you can negotiate. Suggest you try the clubs at the Asia Plaza Hotel, Park Royal Hotel (club and bar)and maybe Trader's Hotel. These are places where you'll find the "fashion shows" and hostesses that are available. There are "disco's" also. Kind of a "hidden" sort of venue, but I'm told that many taxi drivers and bellmen know where they are. Don't count on finding the BKK type of entertainment venues!

HH

"Temple tourist comes out"? No, I spend all of my time, 24/7, in go go bars.

Anyway, thanks for the tips - seriously much appreciated, because without them I would not have a clue. And yes, I am sure I will spend plenty of time in temples and otherwise be engaged in non-mongering activities (sort of like how I live in Bangkok, where I spend most of my time doing something called "working").

As for condoms, they're always on, except when I am poised, close to the brink, over the cute face of a "good" Thai girl, while she is talking on her mobile, reassuring her sponsor, ehr, boyfriend, that, she is absolutely, 100%, faithful.

I will also be in Bagan and the Shan State (now I am really starting to sound like a temple tourist). My assumption is that there is nothing available in either of this up-country destinations, but if anyone knows otherwise, chime in please.

It's called BURMA !

I am not sure where I stand on the name issue, but the one interesting about that country - call it what you like - is that it is only about 60% Burman. The remainder of the population consists of other ethnic groups.

That should make the nightlife a bit interesting, although whoever (I think it was Bust) posted that their all in Chiang Mai was probably right. I will take good notes and post a report.

Archived