Look Out Thailand!

Hugh_Hoy

HH,

noted with thanks.

I will put it into my files for future reference and do some field research if my travels take me to those parts :grinyes: :hubba: :hubba: :grinyes:

Solely for the purpose of being able to offer travel guides for potential tourists, mind you.... as I really don't think there's much room left on my "Dance Card"...LOL

...Then again.....when in Rome....and all that stuff

Cheers DC

i am not quite sure how you connect Changping and Dongguan!?

Changping is north of Beijing while Dongguan is a district with many small cities in Guangdong province between Shenzhen and Guangzhou!

i was talking about the danger in Dongguan; they have a high crime rate; a lot of robberies and killings; not really safe to take a taxi at night etc.

i would be very careful to go yourself hunting in DongGuan! that's a dangerous place!

Thanks for the advice. I don't travel alone...usually have a couple of "Locals" with me. Day time ....one of the girls from our Office (all Uni Grads and excellent English) Evenings, 1 or 2 of our local Managers, who all know their way around and are bigger Mongers than most of the Board members....LOL

Doubt that I'll get to DongGuan though.I was just curious to know where HH was finding LT's so cheap!!!

Occasionally get down to Guangzhou, but more often Shenzhen.

Even in Guangzhou it is not wise to be out on the Streets alone at night. I understand there is a daily transient population of around a million people pass through Guangzhou (LOCALS, not tourists) and mainly from the provinces, looking for work....or other ways to make income / survive.

Whislt I have never encountered any problems, I do not feel as much at ease in China as I do in Bkk....especially late at night, so always "sightsee" in the company of my local "minders"

Cheers DS

Shenzhen should be no problem to venture alone, although taxi drivers can sometimes be a pain in the ass (enforce me to keep my few words of mandarin alive)!

so what's the best Shenzhen has to offer in your opinion?

KTV, freelancers in hotelbars, barbershops, Shekou barstreet?

Agree, Shenzhen seems fine, but I only usually spend 1 night there...never had an issue with the taxis there...

Haven't done the KTV scene....and don't know Shekou barstreet (but it's now in my little black book...lol)

Stay at the Century Plaza near the Railway Station (The Japanese floor is good and the beds are soft, unlike most of China)...the Bar / Niteclub there is quite good pickings sometimes.

Have had some good nights out with local GCG's...connection through friends...was at Soho Bar last month and the eye candy was exceptionally good...the place was packed on a Monday night.

Have also had some good results from one of the Foot Massage places....rocked in with my local manager...proped in a chair and had a 21yo cutie work my feet....Local manager chatted with her while she was working me and then leant over and said..."she wants to come to your room for a full body massage"...wink wink!!....I played hard to get....for about....90 seconds....and then said...OK...lol

Finished at the shop and told her to come to the room in 40 minutes...needed a drink with my friend first....

40 minutes later...on the dot...knock on the door.. (definitely not Thai time...5555).. she was shedding her gear before the door was even shut...lol..

Great attitude....great performer...but reluctant to leave...got rid of her about 20 minutes before I was due down for breakfast!!!!

Next afternoon, hadn't been back at the Hotel for more than 15 minutes and my room phone rings....Herro....you want me come see you again... Ohh well...I'm only human...

Didn't think it was possible...but day 2 was even better

...Unfortunately have lost contact over the last few months....pity really...but there's no shortage of suitable replacements....and the last thing I need is another semi permanent!!!!

Must check out the KTV scene somtime, although it's never really had any appeal to me...dunno why!!

Cheers DS

Archived