Look Out Thailand!

Hugh_Hoy

Seems that China has a good chance of making substantial inroads into Thailand's nightlife. It's pretty much common knowledge that girls are available in China. And outside of the major major cities, at reasonable prices.

Now, with what some are calling a "sexual revolution" in China, pole dancers seem to be entering the scene. How long will it be before the Chinese will be taking more jobs away from overpriced "merchandise" of Thai origin? (Will I be able to grab a couple of Chinese darlings off the shelf at WalMart?)

chinesepoledancer.jpg

HH

For sure prices in the major major cities are higher than BKK. HK has been like that for ever (or so it seems). Guys working there came to BKK for more than saving money on shirts and suits :)

The scene in China, as it seems you know, is much different than in Thailand. Not quite the variety of sanuk opportunities at this time. But 2nd-city kareoke's (or however you spell it), massage parlors/barber shops, discos, clubs, brothels (including takeout/delivery) offer some very reasonable alternatives to Thailand already. And if the go-go/pole dancers catch on, China has a good chance of beating the crap out of BKK. Right now, you can get good quality poon for about 500 baht barfine and about 1100 baht for the girl--for long time. (I'm talking about a girl much better looking than the average go-go dancer.)Add a 80 baht tip if the service is good and you're golden.

Yeah, right now, the lack of English speaking damsels may be somewhat of a hindrance. But how long does it take an average motivated Issan girl to learn enough English to get by? 3 months? So, as more farang show up, they will learn the benefits of learning English and will learn quickly. The Chinese aren't stupid 555555. With millions of legal-aged young things being "liberated" and looking to "keep up with the Jones's", I think in 5 years or less, Thailand will lose a lot of the "quality punters" due to the economics of the scene.

HH

The scene in China, as it seems you know, is much different than in Thailand. Not quite the variety of sanuk opportunities at this time. But 2nd-city kareoke's (or however you spell it), massage parlors/barber shops, discos, clubs, brothels (including takeout/delivery) offer some very reasonable alternatives to Thailand already. Right now, you can get good quality poon for about 500 baht barfine and about 1100 baht for the girl--for long time. (I'm talking about a girl much better looking than the average go-go dancer.)Add a 80 baht tip if the service is good and you're golden.

HH

HH

Not in any way disputing your claims, but from my recent observations, like samak, I find the asking prices in China somewhat expensive compared to Bkk...

My visits are mainly Shanghai,Xiamen,Shenzhen / Hongkong and very much agree that outside those areas it is still difficult to get around without mandarin!

What areas are you talking about for the 1100 Bt LT's??? (That's like 230RMB according to my rough calculations)

I find Shanghai very expensive....in fact I dropped almost 5000 RMB (25K Baht) in a Bar there, one night last November, entertaining a Customer....Just on Lady Drinks...no take aways..Not big noting..it was expensed...but bloody expensive IMHO...

Bar has a live Band and lots of "Chickens" working for drinks...but not all available for take out....so I found out after considerable expense...lol...

(Blue Angel Bar, for those who know Shanghai!!)

Shenzhen, also expensive, with asking prices for ST generally from 800 RMB up (3850 Bt)

Xiamen, much more reasonable....the down market Tea Houses..... maybe 300RMB short time, but quality average...to be honest..

Reasonable full service massage parlours around 360 - 400 RMB short time...(or so I'm told)

Then there's the KTV places....of which I have absolutely NO first hand knowledge....but again very expensive....by any standards...

I was told during a visit last month, that Xiamen now has one of, if not the biggest KTV joint in China.....2600 girls.... must pay a visit next trip....just to have a look see ...

I'm finding that most of the "Young Ladies" I meet in China are on the look out for a "Boyfriend / Sponsor / Husband"....lol...

...OK, you have Big Wife....I can be "small" wife... just what I need....Another one....55555

Must admit though...."from what I'm told"....a lot of the Chinese girls are even more into "Horizontal Folk Dancing" than many of their "Thai cousins"....

...Just what I've heard on the grapevine....of course!!!!!.....

Cheers DS

Archived