Do Thai Sim Cards Work In Singapore, urgent confirmation required please

torrenova

Does anyone have accurate information on the ability for Thai SIM cards to function in Singapore. I'd like information about all cards but specifically AIS 1-2-call prepaid.

If it does or they do, any information as to costs for calls out, incoming and SMS both ways would be much appreciated. Can you also top up from abroad, presuming they work ?

Finally, if they do work, would the number you see in Thailand be the thai number of the person calling you or some other number ?

Thanks.

Can't answer 1-2 Call. AIS postpaid works fine if you register for int'l roaming. The Thai number *usually* shows up, but sometimes it shows "private" or "unknown". Postpaid roaming rates to give you an idea.

The question is: why do you use the expensive 1-2-Call when you live here legally. You should be on postpaid. Then this wouldn't be a question

Regards,

SD

Yes, I was in Singapore last November and my 1-2 Call, prepaid SIM, was working.

It was also working in China.

It is costly.

If someone phones you from Thailand, you pay incoming and out going fees, figure double what you would normally pay in Thailand.

Did not try to top it up.

Can't answer 1-2 Call. AIS postpaid works fine if you register for int'l roaming. The Thai number *usually* shows up, but sometimes it shows "private" or "unknown". Postpaid roaming rates to give you an idea.

The question is: why do you use the expensive 1-2-Call when you live here legally. You should be on postpaid. Then this wouldn't be a question

Regards,

SD

Not my phone SD. I'm on DTAC and have post and pre-paid as I wouldn't give that thieving Toxin a penny through AIS.

I have someone just dropped in Singapore who needs to be contactable on their Thai number and does not know anything about it.

I suppose I can top up their number via the online banking here in LOS and they'll just get credited when they get a signal. Very expensive though at Bt50+ for a minute and a ridiculous Bt70+ for local calls.

I couldn't get a price for receiving messages but I don't think I ever got charged for those. Some say you cannot SMS out through the agreement, only receive. Anyone know ?

Thanks guys, much appreciated and very timely.

SMS out? Again, I can on postpaid no dramas, but unknown on pre-paid. I'd doubt they'd have different terms tho'. If you can do int'l, you should be able to do all of it. My link shows SMS out costs. Not sure if I get charged for SMS in...my company pays the bill and I don't really bother looking at it closely. I'm in Sillypore now and will be home tonight. I'll see if I can find an old bill and figure it out when I get back in LoS.

Cheers,

SD

Torre,

I had 1-2-Call Pre-Paid when I was in Singapore working, and I could *not* sms from Singapore to any other country or even locally.

Can buy a local card in Singapore, but need a passport when you buy it, and they charge you for receiving as well as making calls.

Mobiles are expensive in Singapore however you look at it.

I think you would have to call the phone company in Thailand to set up roaming before arriving in Singers.

When I was in Sillypore 2 weeks ago on my postpaid roaming AIS mobi, I could recieve incoming SMS from Thailand but not send out, to compound matters further I could send SMS to my mate who was in Sillypore on his Mainland China postpaid mobi but he did not recieve them. :banghead:

Archived