Smokin' Gogo Dancers

Sarisin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greedisgood

Would that young lady be the beautiful young lady that was with you in Pattaya?? The same young lady that wanted 8000 baht to be photographed in school uniform?? That is an awful lot of money for cigarettes but fair play to you if she stays off them........

Hope to see you in June!!

uniformguy smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

in view of the fact that many of these girls are on pills, speed, yaba and even the big h, cigarettes seem a rather low-grade vice to me. if you think you've found yourself a fine, upstanding young lady, it might be a wise idea to have a look at her pupils first... oh, but i forgot, this is no longer a problem on account of the purichai's "social order" campaign-never mind! crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by slipknot99:

in view of the fact that many of these girls are on pills, speed, yaba and even the big h, cigarettes seem a rather low-grade vice to me.
crazy.gif" border="0

Slipnot99,

I must humbly disagree with this very broad generalisation !

Tell me how many girls you know, or how many stats you have done on the subject.

I have been often and many years, and yes, very once in a while I did meet a girl on drugs.... that would make it maybe 2 % of all girls I met, and there are a few....

BB,

I'm with you on this one. I believe the bad eggs get the most publicity. During my 5+ years living in Thailand I have taken many ladies home and only once did I discover one under the influence of the drugs mentioned by slipnot.

Now, I don't make 'em pee in a bottle or scrutinize their pupils (as suggested), but it really isn't so difficult to tell when they are users.

I'm not saying there are no bargirls who indulge, I am just saying based on my experience, there just aren't that many.

Let's face it, the nightlife scene in any country is conducive to all sorts of, ah, what's the current phrase...social evils? And, I'm sure if you keep looking for dirt you will find it.

However, I really don't think most of these BGs are into the drug scene.

But, as originally stated in my first post, it just appears to me that there is more smoking by the ladies working in the gogo bars than there used to be. As if they don't care about the fines, or, maybe the fines have been eliminated. I will ask around tonight to see if the ladies are still fined for smoking in the bars. They used to be.

Tell me how many girls you know, or how many stats you have done on the subject.

I have been often and many years, and yes, very once in a while I did meet a girl on drugs.... that would make it maybe 2 % of all girls I met, and there are a few....

BB-

there is probably no precise way of measuring such things (i haven't "done any stats"), but, unless you have an extrordinary talent for selecting drug-free girls, the 2% figure is far too low. i recall reading in the bangkok post that 2-3% of the entire population of LOS are drug addicts and a much larger figure regular users. are you prepared to suggest that BGs (!) are more straight-laced than the general population because only 2% even do the stuff and a lower percentage are addicted? come on. yaba is rife in LOS, and is hardly less so with BSs. as sarasin stated, the nightlife scene is universally associated with such behavior. furthermore, merely because you have no first-hand knowlege that they do drugs hardly makes them abstainers. its not as if they are going to tell you about their habits!

Slipnot99,

Good post, but we are both walking in circles here, right ???

How do we get correct figures : right ! impossible...

So, of course you and I met yaba addicts, and yes I tried it once ( hell I tried everything once in my younger years ), but to say that it is more or less than 2 % is rather difficult.

In my viev, 2 % is rather low and an ok figure overall, but it might be higher for all we know.

My original post was about your total generalisation, and that is rather dangerous.

As Sarasin pointed out, it is always the bad eggs that smell the most, that doesn't mean that the whole basket is infected.

Anyway, if you are into the barscene, then yes, occasionaly one can meet a druggie, but that would be same-same anywhere in the world, no ?

Now you have me make a generalisation as well ..... smile.gif" border="0

On the same lines : is alcohol is drug ? is the barscene in LOS addictive ??

To get back to my original post...

Sorry, my bad folks.

I went to three different NEP gogo bars last night to discuss the 'smoking policy' with the mamasans. All three told me there is no fine for dancers who smoke while not on stage. Obviously, they cannot smoke while dancing on stage.

So, I screwed that up a bit. I could have sworn some bars had a 'no smoking policy' for their dancers, but I guess I am wrong.

slipknot, you make some very good points, and I believe the discussion cannot be statistically proven by neither you, BB, nor I. I can say in the 5+ years I have lived here I have been very active in the nightlife scene. I won't get into my personal achievements except to say that I have taken home different BGs numbering well into three figures. And, I have BG friends that represent at least three times that amount.

Again, I just haven't seen widespread drug use among those I have come into contact with either one way or another. You obviously have, so I won't dispute what you have to say which leads to your conclusions.

I was hoping that some of the more 'active' members of the board (Ranger, Ranger, earth to Ranger?) would weigh in.

Thank you for your comments.

BTW: I spent 7 years during the 70s and 80s living and working in Korea. I'm sure you and I could have a great conversation about the Land of the Morning Calm too. smile.gif" border="0

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: Sarisin ]

Archived