FOOLISH?

sayjann

the conversation i had with my friend was brief,only 2/3 Minutes.

i only think that he MIGHT have got a bank loan because he works in a mundane job which probably does not pay that well.

but for all i know he he has a legacy or just managed his wages very well over the Years.

as i said i know nothing about his Girl but i presume she must have been in the bar business at some stage.

i find it strange that a Girl would/could run a Bar who has no experience of the scene.

but as i say he seems quite happy with the situation and if he loses the cash and bar then he is prepared for that.

ces't la vie was his attitude when i spoke to him.

perhaps when i know the bar is open and exactly where it is i will ask our Koh Samui resident to visit and give us his opinion.

i'm sure Limbo won't need too much persuasion to go for a beer or two.

Working in a bar does not mean you are able to run it.....(and I know many professionals working in F&B and hospitality management who are not able to run them too....)

If he can afford to loose his money than good for him.

Seems to me that in Thailand having a good business plan, nice settings, excellent service and so on is not enough for a business to be really profitable.

-> Location is everything.........

..stock tends to walk out after hours ..imo

Well, isn't that the point, so long as someone's paid a barfine? Plus, the girls do have a right to sleep a bit during the night, don't they?

Ahhh, by 'stock' you meant the booze! Sorry about that, my bad... carry on...

YimSiam

1)no

2)no idea

3)i have no clue

4)again i have no idea

i asked the question if he was foolish?.

i think the concesus is that he is being silly.

but as i said he has no worries about losing money which makes me think it is his own cash.

i only asked the question because i was interested in answers from Board members.

no matter what i said to him it would not change his mind.

good luck to him.

Archived