South Indian and Sri Lankan food in BKK?

whcouncill

Dosa king moved I thought? Was beside Country Road, now where?

<

VEGETARIAN

153/7 Sukhumvit Road, Soi-11/1

Bangkok Thailand

Phone: 66 (0) 2651 1700 >>

Yep - they moved, as the building is gone :( but good food, very reasonable,

Try Phahurat (Little India).

Furthermore:

Chennai Kitchen, 52/24 Thanon Pan Silom Bangrak;

02-2364299; open 10-15h &18-2130h

Mashoor, 38 Thanon Pan Silom Bangrak;

02-2349304; Near the Indian temple (Wat Khaek).

Tandoor, Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Silom Road nr. Thanon Surasak

6th floor; A bit expensive but a wide selection of good genuine North and South Indian dishes.

Confirm the Chennai and Mashoor are really good south indian food.

In the Khao San Road area there is quite a few Indian restaurants now. The best that i know of are Rainbow Restaurant/guesthouse at the head of KS road opposite Gullivers and the Policestation. There is a dependence of Rainbow (but i forgot the name of it, u can ask in the Rainbow itself) in the middle of KS road, facing the Burgerking on your left side, thru a long corridor 1 stairs up, aircon and great service and a nice flatscreen showing Indian movies or music with good sound quality.

The Royal INdia is good in Little India and in KS area, just look them up at Happycow.com

Hey Satrai, I liked that little cultural info sharing about tongue scraping. SU one day in one of our saliva stimulating Indian restas!

All above mentioned rests r in the 50-150 baht a dish range and the quality is usually not less then the more expensive rests.

Dont go to the little Indian restaurant next to the Mango Lagoon Hotel in KS area, lousy food not made by Indians. Cute gals though!

Archived