Some recent movie I've seen...

rookie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about The Diving Bell & The Butterfly?

Saw it...it's highly rated, but I didn't really enjoy it. True story about the late CEO of Elle magazine, who suffers a paralyzing stroke and can only communicate with eye blinks. Reflections on his life. He communicates with eye blinks to write a highly praised book.

I should fess-up that I threw in Manda Bata (AKA 'Send a Bullet) in my earlier post to mislead. A good expose but not highly entertaining. Maybe all the characters could be re-named and it would resemble the corruption that exists in SEA and elsewhere...

Two flicks I'm awaiting for good copies to hit the torrents are 'Strange Culture' and '4-months, 3-weeks and 2-days'...both dramas, the first a documentary.

Also, for fun...awaiting a good .avi copy of 'The Bank Job'.

Just saw Hello Yasothorn, which was quite fun. It's a comedy/love story set in 1960s Isan. There's an active torrent on Piratebay for it at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion. I d/l'ed it only to realize I'd seen it in the theater about 4-5 years ago. A funny Thai comedy! I was unable to find English subtitles for the d/loaded copy, so burned a copy for some Thai friends who'll also surely enjoy it.

Recently d/l'ed and viewed 'Army of Shadows' and 'Black Book'. Both good flicks, about WWII, but subtitles needed and are available online at http://subscene.com/

Archived