Gedhawa restaurant (Lanna Thai style)

After years of driving past this place and thinking to myself "self, that place looks neat and you must try it," Vampirella and I ate there last night, before going off to play pool with some of her Uni girlfriends (ya, the only guy in a gaggle of hot Uni gals...tuff work, but someone's gotta do it :grinyes: )

Very extensive menu, heavily Lanna (northern/Chiang Mai) influenced. Absolutely charming decor, comfy like a old friend's home. Very friendly service; not sure if English is spoken but the menu is fully illustrated and there are English names (but no descriptions). All of the dishes were *incredibly* well presented -- you almost hated to eat them because they looked so nice. It is very intimate (only eight tables) and highly romantic -- a great date place!

And it is good value: we had seven dishes, plus rice, no alcohol (they have only beer, but I'm sure corkage could be arranged) and it came to B750. And we took half the food home because we ordered too much.

Gedhawa is on Sukhumvit soi 35, on the right side coming from Sukhumvit, between the little driveway to the Fuji Supermarket and the side soi that runs into soi 39. You can walk it from Sukhumvit. We did. But don't blink or you'll miss it. Open for lunch and dinner, but closed Sunday.

This one gets the Tiger :up: :up: :up: rating!

Cheers,

SD

thanks for this!

a pretty hidden Soi; have never noticed this restaurant but will try it out.

unfortunately not many northern thai restaurants in Bangkok as i like some dishes very much. the northern Larb is much better than the isaan one and also some curries are awsome! and of course sai oua!

is there a signboard in english as i am not clear about your transliteration...

Doea Anime girl know about Vampirella

CTO: I hope so! A threesome would be good. We already did a foursome (me, her, J-schoolgirl and Kimono girl)...

Flash: Arai na?

Samak: Ya, Charlie now long gone for a Japanese KTV bar :(

TB: Nothing to see here...move along! :neener::clown:

Cheers,

SD

Archived