Massive Misinformation, Perhaps Even Brainwashing?

Fidel

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and the Aussies are on the ball here too:

Do you realise it was an Aussie interviewing Americans

How do you you confuse the likely nominated Dem candidate with an Iraqi terrorist?

I find it all very scary. These people are allowed to vote... :yikes:

Guest lazyphil

fidel keeping all american stuff in one thread is a good idea. remember gooner corner?....something like that. when i feel like being antagonised or doing some antagonising i'll look!

It all comes down to the fact that America has so much power and influence. What happens in Washington affects the whole world...people are right to be concerned.

A lot of truth in that. No one likes the biggest, strongest kid on the block, and with the dissipation of the Soviet Lie, the US is it right now.

Just about no one will argue that the US is perfect, in fact, just about every article fidel has ever posted is written by... Americans! You just dont see anti-pakastan articles, anti Saudi "anti-just about half the world else news pieces" written by people living and breathing in those countries because the person writing it would be SHOT for doing it.

What they see is American warships in the Gulf, American troops in their countries and American war planes over their heads. Likewise Russia sees NATO expansion as threatening which scares many Europeans. Now of course you and I know all that is just there to help them but some of them just can't see it that way.

You're right about freedom of speech. People in many countries don't have much. Which is why Americans should be careful not to lose it.

Fidel, you will also find that 10% of the American people think that Elvis is still alive as well as some polls have shown.

Being a football fan, I'm on footbal sites and they often degenerate into non footbal comments on social issues in England and I recall a poll saying that a good percentage of english believe certain things like Churhill was king of England or something to that effect at some point and other similar things.

If you recall Blair came to the U.S. and supported going into it as well. Can't the same 'mass hypnosis' be blamed on the English people as well as every other nation that has troops on the ground in Iraq?

We didn't go into Iraq because a good percentage of the almost 300 million Americans believed false things about Iraq. We went in because our legislature believed the information that the administration presented which was supported by Blair as well.

The American people voted in the party that is agianst the war in 2006 to gain a majority in our Congress as well.

We were asked to go into Balkans at the urging of England and the european countries and 99% of the American couldn't find the Balkans on the map and probably if a poll was taken believed false things about that conflict as well but I've not heard similar shock over what a good percentage of the nations believed as well.

The 'arab street' believe fantasy things about America and what we and the west have done as well. Its the nature of the 'man on the street' no matter the nation to believe what it wants to believe. I'm willing to wager the general population of the european nations that are against the war believe false things about what is happening there and our actions as well.

Its just the nature of people everywhere I think. Americans, you'll find are no different than the Irish, Saudis, Chinese, Indians, etc. the world over.

I don't think Fidel went too far. As a USA citizen (as opposed to classifing myself as an American which includes Mexicans, Chileans, Canadians, etc.) I believe we should debate topics just like our founding Fathers did in the Federalist and anti-Federalist papers. We are a country that questions and do not like being buffalloed.

As for the points Fidel brought up, Some of the terrorist were later found to be still alive. As far as I know, the identities of the 'real' terrorist were never identified. As far as 9/11/01, I find it hard to believe such an event could happenwith out inside 'divine' guidance.

I think it all boils down to peer presure, for example, someone supposedly intelligent will make a statement - whether true or false - and to not seem the lesser intelligent will believe this and pass the information on to their sub-ordinates, i.e. people supposedly less intelligent than them.

Its only other intelligent people who question the wisdom by which time they are in the minority and will not be heard.

Finally someone SUPER-intelligent who has a lot of respect from everyone will then question the statement to which everyone else will then side with him/her

We should put all these politicans in the big-brother house and other than shooting the whole damned lot of them, see what happens :)

Archived