Cooking schools?

drogon

Hi,

"KS: Would you please ask your wife where she went for her baker courses?"

Huay Kwang, walking distance from the intersection. When coming from the intersection walking towards the market, you cross a bridge and it is about 20 meters after that on the right.

Courses used to be about 150 Baht / week (3hrs/day, 5 days/week) plus whatever ingredients you use.

Sanuk!

• 2 weeks later...

UFM is for Thai clientele, Blue ELephant is good but pricey for the number of dishes you learn to make, Dusit has a chef course which looks great but even more pricey. These unfortunately are your only choice. Except for a 1 day course at May Kaidee (vegetarian) that is really good for 1200 b.

R u looking for something to do for your girlfriend? What about the International Massage School in Chiangmay? Here in Amsterdam I see many a Thai massage place opening up and they r succesfull. The IM school has a good reputation and an intensive 6 weeks program to which you can add more courses if you like. There is a great temple nearby that receives Yogi's (lay man) to stay for however long they want by donation. Especially for the Thai its a great honor to be there and maybe really good for your girlfriend to reconnect or connect more intensely with the Divine. The work she is or was doing after an abusive childhood must be hard for her. Vipassana is a way to make peace with your past and move on, stop judgement over yourself, get back to your heart, etc. IMHO an important way to heal.

www.watrampoeng.com

The temple complex is extremely beautiful and u r totally cut off from the real world. I spent a month there and became much more at peace with myself and the world. The handful of Farang Yogis are mostly going there for their spiritual life and r not interested in chasing Pussy. Temple is about 4-5 k from the Old City. Doing this kind of thing might also help her with her sexual abusive past.

BTW workshops on how to deal with sexual abuse are given by Tobias (channeled by Geoffrey Hoppe). these workshops are also for partners.

www.crimsoncircle.com

Thanks topcatta but she has been working 5 years as chief in a 5 star hotel but she wishes to learn how to cook Thai food.....(she has been trained to cook

hot/cold dishes, pastries etc... but European style)

As her aim is to open as small Thai restaurant she has to perfect herself in Thai cooking.

(no way she will ever take massage courses)

I would go to UFM and BLue Elephant and May Kaidee. And any other course I know is good and get my hands on. Maybe there is the possibility of learning from aunties who know secret recipes?

In the Farang cooking courses mostly the same dishes are learned...but that is good for finetuning.

There are quite a bit of cooking schools in CHiangmai too but i have no clue of the quality.

Let me know what the results are!

Archived