BKK to Pattaya

khun_khon_neua

I was just going to search for the old thread on this. I have been away for the past couple of months and have not made my weekly commute since Feb and I was pleasently surprised this morning when I found that work is nearly complete.

Similar journey to KKN from Yannawa district to Laem Chabang took 75 minutes in Monday morning traffic which included 10 mins at the Toll Booth at Chonburi end of Bangna - Trat expressway and the usual slow crawl from Pin Tong Industrial Estate to Laem Chabang.

For the first time in 32 months no roadworks. Now if we could just educate the Thai drivers that just because it is a 4 lane highway there is no excuse to be in the outside lane dawling along at 80!

I was just going to search for the old thread on this. I have been away for the past couple of months and have not made my weekly commute since Feb and I was pleasently surprised this morning when I found that work is nearly complete.

Similar journey to KKN from Yannawa district to Laem Chabang took 75 minutes in Monday morning traffic which included 10 mins at the Toll Booth at Chonburi end of Bangna - Trat expressway and the usual slow crawl from Pin Tong Industrial Estate to Laem Chabang.

For the first time in 32 months no roadworks. Now if we could just educate the Thai drivers that just because it is a 4 lane highway there is no excuse to be in the outside lane dawling along at 80!

Sounds like those geriatrics that we have here in Oz. Doing 95 km/h in the outside lane on a busy freeway. Easily recognisable by their bowls club hats in the back of the car. They usually drive Commodores or Camrys. Makes my blood boil. :devil::cussing::banghead::susel:

I will be driving Dong Muang to Patters and back to Swampy early morning, flight leaving 09 am.

What is the best way to go?

Wipawadi-Rangsit toll way and Chonburi motorway or should I take Ram Intra, outer ring then Chonburi motorway.

Anything special I need to be aware of on the way to Swampypoon from Patters?

Can not afford to make mistake, need to check-in around 7am I guess.

Thanks for your advice guys :doah:

Take Wipawadi-Rangsit toll way then go striaght onto expressway to Bangna. Take elevated Bangna-Trat expressway to the end, Chonburi bypass to motorway.

Or some people prefer Wipawadi-Rangsit toll way to Rama IX expressway which turns into the Chonburi motorway. Follow signs to new airport

Either way will take about 2 hours.

Personaly if I was traveling from DM / Rangsit areas down to Pattaya I would take Rama IX / BKK-Chonburi Motorway.Getting to Swampypoon from Pattaya definately take the motorway.

The only time I use the Bang Na - Trat is if traveling to Chonburi or beyond from home (near Sathorn) but if going to the Swampypoon I go the Rama IX route which is a little bit shorter.

i am with Mekhong on that; Rama IX and Chonburi Motorway is the choice!

forget about Ram Inthra as this is a long road with a lot of traffic and red lights until you reach outer ring road! it would be faster to reach outer ring road north of Don Muang airport but that's a difficult one...

I agree, was just trying to point out there was a southern route.

When I go down from the office, in the Rangsit area, driver takes Rama IX, from home (near you) we go Bangna-Trat.

But he also goes from home to airport via Bangna-Trat.

I'm not sure which is faster in either case. Difference can't be much.

He definitely should not take RamIntra out to the outer ring road. That would be a nightmare.

Thanks, will take toll Wipavadi-Rangsit and Rama IX.

Last year drove to Hua Hin, but did not see any signs to any city....looked for Rama IX bridge and ended up towards Chonburi until someone off highway told me to follow Dao Khanon....so I guess I will need to follow signs Rama IX :doah:

Archived