BKK to Pattaya

khun_khon_neua

Tartempion

That one used to always confuse me, Rama IX bridge takes you to Rama I go figure.

KKN,

From where we live it is 10KM shorter to where the motorway meets Highway 7 using Bangna - Trat as opposed to the Motorway. Swampypoon is about the same distance but I find it quicker (depending on time of day) to take Rama IX since it is 4 lanes all the way and direct to the Car Park, each to their own I suppose.

That one used to always confuse me, Rama IX bridge takes you to Rama I go figure.

stop to confuse him even further! :neener:

from Don Muang after tollway follow sign Rama IX expressway (at the huge Makkasan intersection a long curve to the left) that brings you to Rama IX expressway above Rama IX road which goes straight into Chonburi Motorway. hardly to miss!

Mekong: Rama IX bridge goes actually over Rama III road but is nowhere close to Rama I road; if you want to get from Rama IX bridge to Rama I road you have to cross first Rama IV road, but don't drive too far or you end up in Rama IX road! :neener:

Samak,

Typo should have said Rama II I missed out the second I, we all (should) know Rama I is the road where Paragon and Siam are on, I happen to live close to the junction of Rama III and Rama IV and previously lived at satthupradit just off Rama III north of the river.

Rama I Road Outside Paragon

Rama II South of the River

Rama III South of Sukhumvit (other side of Rama IV) then north bank of river

Rama IV East-West South of Sukhumvit

Rama V Dusit to Bang Sue

Rama VI Payathai to JJ

Rama IX Victort Monument to srinakarin

Rama I, II III, IV V VI and IX are roads, Rama VII, VIII and IX are Bridges. Rama I, II, IV and IX are East-West ( I know Rama IX bridge crosses south of the river but on a bend) whereas Rama III , V and VI are North-South. Rama IX is both on opposite sides of the city.

Confusing isn't it!

..KKN,

From where we live it is 10KM shorter to where the motorway meets Highway 7 using Bangna - Trat as opposed to the Motorway. Swampypoon is about the same distance but I find it quicker (depending on time of day) to take Rama IX since it is 4 lanes all the way and direct to the Car Park, each to their own I suppose.

Nice to know the exact difference, Iâ??ve never checked the odometer as Iâ??m usually sitting the back seat anyway. Like I said, the driver generally chooses the routes and for some reason he likes the elevated to the airport from home. They are working on direct off ramp from the elevated to the road to airport, that will help a bunch not having to go down onto the road.

Now that is not much more then an hour to Sri Racha are you tinking of a daily commute?

I was considering it but with Diesel being 33.4 THB / Liter it would be an extra 10K per month on fuel costs and an additional 3000 Km / month mileage on the car. The serviced apartment I rent at Nova Park in Pattaya is 18K / month and I have been told that the price is fixed as long as I stay here (32 months now) So saving 8K a month for an extra 6 hours a week traveling and more wear and tear on the vehicle does not make much sense especially comsidering that 18K is less than 1/3rd of my monthly allowance.

I quite enjoy it like this, I am used to 3-4 months on in the Middle East with 3 weeks at home so 4 nights away 3 at home is a big improvment and also in Jamesons (the bar at Nova Park) a lot of the regulars are guys I have known for over 15 years now and midweek nights it rather is like "Cheers" Bar, I am English I like my local and a few beers after work. Perfect arrangment my wife works full time in BKK and after work she will visit friends and relatives and usually gets home about 9:30 and we spend 45 mins or so chatting VOIP and Webcam .

On top of that I know I will be spending a lot more time in Map Ta Phut from the back end of this year onwards, PTT Gas Seperation Plant 6 site work has now started and we have the Kick off Meeting with PTT this wednesday for Onshore Compression Station 4. OCS 3 was built to feed GSP 6 OCS 4 is for GSP 7 & 8 which are only in the planning phase at the moment,the FEED contract has not yet been awarded, here is hoping we get it along with the PMC contract and I will have work up until end of 2014.

So after giving it some thought I am better off sticking to my current arrangments and just enyoy the fact that I can leave home at 6:30 AM on a Monday ro be in the office before 8:00 AM and be back home by 6:30PM on a Friday.

No, no all went fine :neener:

Avis office at Dong Muang was a joke: needed to phone them, came to pick me up 5 min later and drove to parking area old terminal 1 where we filled in the paperwork and they had problems transmitting credit card guarantee with their handheld terminal; had to move away from the concrete.

Anyway, drove to Partya, missed exit I think where the Chonburi motorway possibly ends, noticed the sign "Pattaya keep left" when it was too late. Made U turn to correct. Had a bad thunderstorm thursday night but did find my way to the dump I stayed at.

Had good times in Pattaya's gogos (Beach club, rocky something, babydolls, windmill etc - seemed at Beach club they were training newbies dancers how to show tits while pole-dancing without pants, very funny indeed)

Drove back to Swampy leaving 5 am, thunderstorm again, to drop car at arrivals door 5 around 6.30am, checked in at 7 and departed at 9 and now not yet bored in farangland but will be soon.

Will not stay too long away from LOS...

Thanks for guiding me onto the right track :bow:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note for those of us who travel by lowly bus.

I've been shuttling between BKK and Pattaya every 5 days or so for the past 2 or 3 weeks and have noticed a little thing to be aware of.

The fare's 117B. Twice recently I've paid the Bangkok cashier with a 500B and both times she's short-changed me by 20B. The first time I was in a rush and didn't notice until later. I was prepared to write that one off. But the second time, wary, I stayed at the booth to check and, sure enough, 20B was missing again. She grudgingly supplied the extra 20B. Not a coincidence, I think... :thumbdown:

No such problems at the Pattaya end.

Bibbles Watch out - Drogon will jump in soon and tell you stop complaining because he's having trouble getting a 3000$ biz class seat to bangkok and the strrrech limo collecting him won't carry guaranteed virgins.

Archived